Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Effect of race and/or ethnicity in use of antiretrovirals and prophylaxis for opportunistic infection: a review of the literatureHerminia Palacio
Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Veterans Affairs Medical Center 152, 2002 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Public Health Rep 117:233-51; discussion 231-2. 2002....
- Emerging disease syndromic surveillance for Hurricane Katrina evacuees seeking shelter in Houston's Astrodome and Reliant Park ComplexKristy O Murray
Division of Epidemiology and Disease Control, Center for Infectious Diseases, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1200 Herman Pressler, Room 707, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Public Health Rep 124:364-71. 2009..quot; This system successfully confirmed an outbreak of acute gastroenteritis and became a critical tool in monitoring the course of this outbreak...
- Healthcare use by varied highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) strata: HAART use, discontinuation, and naivetyHerminia Palacio
Harris County Public Health and Environmental Services, 2223 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027, USA
AIDS 18:621-30. 2004..Our objective was to explore further the effect of HAART by comparing healthcare use among persons who use HAART and persons who discontinue HAART to that among HAART-naive and HIV-negative persons...
- Hurricane Katrina: medical response at the Houston Astrodome/Reliant Center ComplexThomas F Gavagan
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 3701 Kirby, Suite 600, Houston, TX 77098, USA
South Med J 99:933-9. 2006..Herein, we describe the scope of this medical response, citing our major challenges, successes, and recommendations for conducting similar efforts in the future...
- Access to and use of HIV antiretroviral therapy: variation by race/ethnicity in two public insurance programs in the U.SJames G Kahn
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 265, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Public Health Rep 117:252-62; discussion 231-2. 2002..To examine access to and use of HIV highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) by race/ethnicity in Medicaid and the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) in 1998 in four states...
- Responding to racial and ethnic disparities in use of HIV drugs: analysis of state policiesStephen F Morin
AIDS Policy Research Center, University of California San Francisco, 74 New Montgomery Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Public Health Rep 117:263-72; discussion 231-2. 2002....
- Use of highly active antiretroviral therapy in a cohort of HIV-seropositive womenJudith A Cook
Mental Health Services Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 104 S Michigan Ave, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Am J Public Health 92:82-7. 2002..This study examined longitudinal trends in use of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) among a cohort of HIV-positive participants in the Women' Interagency HIV Study...
- Effects of depressive symptoms and mental health quality of life on use of highly active antiretroviral therapy among HIV-seropositive womenJudith A Cook
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60603, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 30:401-9. 2002..These findings suggest that efforts to enhance women's access to psychological treatment may increase their use of the latest HIV therapies...