Claudia A Orengo
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Do testosterone levels relate to aggression in elderly men with dementia?Claudia Orengo
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 14:161-6. 2002..Free testosterone levels showed significant positive correlations with measures of aggression. Estrogen levels showed significant negative correlations with measures of aggression...
- Safety and efficacy of testosterone gel 1% augmentation in depressed men with partial response to antidepressant therapyClaudia A Orengo
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX 77401, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 18:20-4. 2005..Nevertheless, the study shows that T gel augmentation may be helpful in hypogonadal males with depression...
- Factors affecting deficit awareness in persons with dementiaA Lynn Snow
Mental Health Services Research and Development, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 20:133-9. 2005..This study examined factors affecting deficit awareness (DA) and the effects of diagnostic status (dementia and depression), measurement method and DA dimension on these relationships...
- Accuracy of self-reported depression in persons with dementiaA Lynn Snow
Health Services Research and Development, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:389-96. 2005..To investigate the reliability and validity of self-reported depression in demented elderly patients...
- Aggression in individuals newly diagnosed with dementiaClaudia A Orengo
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 23:227-32. 2008..The surprisingly high prevalence of aggression in individuals newly diagnosed with dementia suggests the potential usefulness of early screening for aggression in this population...
- Association of a culturally defined syndrome (nervios) with chest pain and DSM-IV affective disorders in Hispanic patients referred for cardiac stress testingValory N Pavlik
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Houston, Texas 77098 3926, USA
Ethn Dis 14:505-14. 2004....
- Male depression: a review of gender concerns and testosterone therapyClaudia A Orengo
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Mental Health Care Line, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
Geriatrics 59:24-30. 2004..Research involving depressed hypogonadal and eugonadal men suggests that depressed men may benefit from testosterone augmentation...
- Dementia Deficits Scale. Rating self-awareness of deficitsA Lynn Snow
Health Services Research and Development Service, VA South Central Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 18:22-31. 2004..The DDS is recommended as a reliable and valid tool for the clinical and empirical assessment of deficit awareness in patients with dementia...