Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- The virology, epidemiology, and clinical impact of West Nile virus: a decade of advancements in research since its introduction into the Western HemisphereK O Murray
Center for Infectious Diseases, School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX, USA
Epidemiol Infect 139:807-17. 2011....
- Risk factors for encephalitis and death from West Nile virus infectionK Murray
University of Texas, School of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA
Epidemiol Infect 134:1325-32. 2006..0, P<0.001), chronic renal disease (OR 10.6, P<0.001), hepatitis C virus (OR 23.1, P=0.0013), and immunosuppression (OR 3.9, P=0.033) were identified as risk factors for death from WNV infection...
- Persistent infection with West Nile virus years after initial infectionKristy Murray
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
J Infect Dis 201:2-4. 2010..Four of the 5 amplicons sequenced showed >99% homology to the WNV NY99 strain. These findings show that individuals with chronic symptoms after WNV infection may have persistent renal infection over several years...
- Emerging disease syndromic surveillance for Hurricane Katrina evacuees seeking shelter in Houston's Astrodome and Reliant Park ComplexKristy O Murray
Division of Epidemiology and Disease Control, Center for Infectious Diseases, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1200 Herman Pressler, Room 707, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Public Health Rep 124:364-71. 2009..quot; This system successfully confirmed an outbreak of acute gastroenteritis and became a critical tool in monitoring the course of this outbreak...
- Risk factors for encephalitis from West Nile Virus: a matched case-control study using hospitalized controlsK O Murray
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, USA
Zoonoses Public Health 56:370-5. 2009..0; P = 0.005), immunosuppressing conditions (OR 5.6; P = 0.001) and cardiovascular disease (OR = 28.3; P < 0.001). Individuals with these comorbidities should be targeted for education on protecting themselves from mosquito exposures...
- Clinical investigation of hospitalized human cases of West Nile virus infection in Houston, Texas, 2002-2004Kristy O Murray
Center for Infectious Diseases, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 8:167-74. 2008..These findings can aid physicians in evaluating their patients suspected of WNV infection and determining outcomes in their patients with confirmed WNV neuroinvasive disease...
- Depression after infection with West Nile virusKristy O Murray
University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:479-81. 2007..Physicians should be aware of neuropsychiatric consequences of WNV in patients...
- West Nile virus infection among the homeless, Houston, TexasTamra E Meyer
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1500-3. 2007..Public health interventions need to be directed toward this high-risk population...
- Risk factors for spinal surgical site infection, Houston, TexasKelley M Boston
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:884-9. 2009..Because of an increase in the rate of surgical site infections (SSIs) following spinal procedures at the study hospital, we conducted a study to determine risk factors associated with the development of a SSI...
- Characteristics of an outbreak of West Nile virus encephalomyelitis in a previously uninfected population of horsesMichael P Ward
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, MS 4458, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4458, USA
Vet Microbiol 118:255-9. 2006..Recumbent horses have a poor prognosis for survival. Vaccines, even if not administered sufficiently in advance of WNV infection within a district, may reduce the risk of death by at least 44%...
- Epidemiology of Arboviral Encephalomyelitis in HoustonKristy Murray; Fiscal Year: 2007..Her time will be directed toward completion of the specific aims of this proposal and her PhD. ..