Syed K Mohsin
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Biomarker profile and genetic abnormalities in lobular carcinoma in situSyed K Mohsin
The Breast Center and Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza MS 600, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 90:249-56. 2005..Our findings suggest that five known prognostic factors in IBC do not have prognostic utility in LCIS. Multiple genetic mechanisms may be involved in the development of LCIS...
- Progesterone receptor by immunohistochemistry and clinical outcome in breast cancer: a validation studySyed K Mohsin
The Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mod Pathol 17:1545-54. 2004..Progesterone receptor assessed by immunohistochemistry provides useful information about clinical outcome and it is better than progesterone receptor measured by ligand-binding assay...
- The retinoid X receptor-selective retinoid, LGD1069, prevents the development of estrogen receptor-negative mammary tumors in transgenic miceKendall Wu
Breast Center, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 62:6376-80. 2002..These studies suggest that receptor-selective retinoids are promising agents for the prevention of breast cancer and that they may be particularly useful in preventing ER-negative breast cancer...
- Estrogen receptor positivity in mammary tumors of Wnt-1 transgenic mice is influenced by collaborating oncogenic mutationsXiaomei Zhang
Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, N1210 03, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 24:4220-31. 2005..This is a first report of a mouse model of antiestrogen-resistant ER-positive breast cancers, and could provide a powerful tool to study the molecular mechanisms that control antiestrogen resistance...
- Molecular changes in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer: relationship between estrogen receptor, HER-2, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseM Carolina Gutierrez
Breast Center and Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:2469-76. 2005..To evaluate growth factor receptor cross talk with the estrogen receptor (ER) in paired clinical breast cancer specimens and in a xenograft model before tamoxifen and at tumor progression as a possible mechanism for tamoxifen resistance...
- Morphologic and immunophenotypic markers as surrogate endpoints of tamoxifen effect for prevention of breast cancerSyed K Mohsin
Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 94:205-11. 2005..Proliferation, determined by Ki67 staining, was not significantly changed. Clinical trials of this type are difficult to carry out and modifications in trial design are needed to make this process more efficient...
- Breast tumors that overexpress nuclear metastasis-associated 1 (MTA1) protein have high recurrence risks but enhanced responses to systemic therapiesMichelle D Martin
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 95:7-12. 2006..Tamoxifen and/or anthracylcene-based chemotherapies eliminated all MTA1 associations with clinical outcome, suggesting MTA1 overexpression predicts early disease relapse, but sensitizes breast tumors to systemic therapies...
- Hormones, receptors, and growth in hyperplastic enlarged lobular units: early potential precursors of breast cancerSangjun Lee
Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Breast Cancer Res 8:R6. 2006....
- Effect of epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor on development of estrogen receptor-negative mammary tumorsChunhua Lu
Department of Medicine, Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1825-33. 2003..We examined whether ZD1839 blocks signal transduction and prevents the development of ER-negative breast cancer...
- Nuclear IRS-1 predicts tamoxifen response in patients with early breast cancerIlenia Migliaccio
Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, BCM 600, Room N1110, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 123:651-60. 2010..0001) when compared with patients with PR-/IRS-1- tumors. In conclusion, nuclear IRS-1 may be a useful marker to predict tamoxifen response in patients with early breast cancer, particularly when assessed in combination with PR...
- Neoadjuvant trastuzumab induces apoptosis in primary breast cancersSyed K Mohsin
Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine The Methodist Hospital, 1 Baylor Plaza, MS 600, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:2460-8. 2005..Greater understanding of the cellular response in trastuzumab-treated patients will provide insight into the clinical management of patients...
- Cross-talk between estrogen receptor and growth factor pathways as a molecular target for overcoming endocrine resistanceRachel Schiff
Breast Center, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:331S-6S. 2004..We will also emphasize open questions and future challenges in the dynamic research field of molecular ER biology from the endocrine therapy perspective...
- Estrogen receptor beta protein in human breast cancer: correlation with clinical tumor parametersSuzanne A W Fuqua
Department of Medicine, Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:2434-9. 2003..These results suggest that ERbeta expression is not a surrogate for ERalpha in clinical breast tumors and, as such, could be a useful biomarker in its own right...
- Maspin expression in invasive breast cancer: association with other prognostic factorsSyed K Mohsin
Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Pathol 199:432-5. 2003..Additional studies are needed to evaluate further this expression profile of maspin in breast cancer...
- Suppression of mammary tumorigenesis in transgenic mice by the RXR-selective retinoid, LGD1069Kendall Wu
Breast Center, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:467-74. 2002....
- Ductal carcinoma in situ and the emergence of diversity during breast cancer evolutionD Craig Allred
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:370-8. 2008..Human invasive breast cancers (IBC) show enormous histologic and biological diversity. This study comprehensively evaluated diversity in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), the immediate precursors of IBCs...
- Alterations of gene expression in the development of early hyperplastic precursors of breast cancerSangjun Lee
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Pathol 171:252-62. 2007..Because HELUs are such early potential precursors of breast cancer, targeting some of these alterations may be especially promising strategies for breast cancer prevention...
- Mechanisms of tumor regression and resistance to estrogen deprivation and fulvestrant in a model of estrogen receptor-positive, HER-2/neu-positive breast cancerSuleiman Massarweh
Department of Internal Medicine and Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Cancer Res 66:8266-73. 2006..Combining endocrine therapy with EGFR/HER-2/neu inhibitors should be tested in clinical breast cancer, but a more complete blockade of EGFR/HER-2/neu may be optimal...
- Oophorectomy and tamoxifen adjuvant therapy in premenopausal Vietnamese and Chinese women with operable breast cancerRichard R Love
University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, 610 Walnut Street, Madison, WI 53705 2397, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:2559-66. 2002..Approximately 350,000 new cases of breast cancer are diagnosed annually in premenopausal Asian women who have lower levels of estrogen than western women...
- Colonic adenocarcinoma metastatic to the urinary tract versus primary tumors of the urinary tract with glandular differentiation: a report of 7 cases and investigation using a limited immunohistochemical panelPheroze Tamboli
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1057-63. 2002....
- Her-2/neu overexpression and response to oophorectomy plus tamoxifen adjuvant therapy in estrogen receptor-positive premenopausal women with operable breast cancerRichard R Love
Departments of Medicine and Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53726, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:453-7. 2003....
- Differences in breast cancer risk factors by tumor marker subtypes among premenopausal Vietnamese and Chinese womenHazel B Nichols
University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:41-7. 2005..Our findings support the hypothesis that some breast cancer risk factors differ by ER and HER-2/neu tumor marker subtypes...
- Decreased expression of e6-associated protein in breast and prostate carcinomasXiuhua Gao
Cancer Center, Criss III, Room 352, Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Endocrinology 146:1707-12. 2005....
- Interobserver reproducibility in the diagnosis of flat epithelial atypia of the breastFrances P O'Malley
Mount Sinai Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mod Pathol 19:172-9. 2006..1-97.4%), than for determining its presence (90.4%: 95% CI, 79.9-96.7%). We conclude that the diagnosis of FEA and its distinction from CCLs without atypia is highly reproducible with the use of available diagnostic criteria...
- ER expression is not bimodal in breast cancerD Craig Allred
Am J Clin Pathol 124:474-5; author reply 475-6. 2005