Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Type 2-diabetes is associated with elevated levels of TNF-alpha, IL-6 and adiponectin and low levels of leptin in a population of Mexican Americans: a cross-sectional studyS Mirza
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Science, University of Texas Health Sciences Center Houston School of Public Health, Brownsville Regional Campus, Brownsville, Texas, USA
Cytokine 57:136-42. 2012..Unique to in our population is that the chronic inflammation is accompanied by lower levels of leptin...
- Adiponectin/leptin ratio and metabolic syndrome in a Mexican American populationShaper Mirza
University of Texas Health Science Center atHouston, School of Public Health, Brownsville Campus, USA
Clin Invest Med 34:E290. 2011..Adiponectin and leptin play critical roles in the development of Metabolic Syndrome (MetS). This study was designed to assess the feasibility of using circulating levels of adiponectin and leptin for the early diagnosis of MetS...
- Impaired CD4+ and T-helper 17 cell memory response to Streptococcus pneumoniae is associated with elevated glucose and percent glycated hemoglobin A1c in Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetes mellitusPerla J Martinez
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Brownsville Regional Campus, Brownsville, Tex
Transl Res 163:53-63. 2014..This study demonstrated that those with type 2 diabetes have a diminished pathogen-specific memory CD4+ and Th17 response, and low percentages of CD+T-cells in response to S. pneumoniae stimulation. ..
- PNPLA3 polymorphisms and liver aminotransferase levels in a Mexican American populationQuan Li
The University of Texas School of Public Health, Brownsville, TX 78520, USA
Clin Invest Med 35:E237-45. 2012....
- Impaired function of antibodies to pneumococcal surface protein A but not to capsular polysaccharide in Mexican American adults with type 2 diabetes mellitusChristine E Mathews
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Brownsville Regional Campus, Brownsville, TX, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:1360-9. 2012..These results suggest a link between diabetes and impairment of antibody response...