T D McKnight
Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Telomeres, telomerase, and stability of the plant genomeThomas D McKnight
Department of Biology, 3258 TAMU, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843, USA
Plant Mol Biol 48:331-7. 2002..Comparisons between telomerase-deficient Arabidopsis and telomerase-deficient mice reveal distinct differences in the consequences of massive genome damage, probably reflecting the greater developmental and genomic plasticity of plants...
- Plant telomeres and telomerases. A reviewT D McKnight
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843, USA
Biochemistry (Mosc) 62:1224-31. 1997..Despite recent progress in investigating plant telomeres and telomerase at the molecular level, there is still much more to learn, especially concerning the developmental control of telomerase activity...
- Plant telomere biologyThomas D McKnight
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843-3258, USA
Plant Cell 16:794-803. 2004
- Living with genome instability: plant responses to telomere dysfunctionK Riha
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2128 TAMU, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843-2128, USA
Science 291:1797-800. 2001..The differences in plant and animal responses to dysfunctional telomeres may reflect the more plastic nature of plant development and genome organization...
- Different modes of de novo telomere formation by plant telomerasesM S Fitzgerald
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 2128 TAMU, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843-2128, USA
Plant J 26:77-87. 2001..This remarkable variability in enzyme-DNA interactions among plant telomerases does not reflect phylogenetic relationships, and therefore implies that the telomerase active site can evolve rapidly...
- Disruption of the telomerase catalytic subunit gene from Arabidopsis inactivates telomerase and leads to a slow loss of telomeric DNAM S Fitzgerald
Department of Biochemistry, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2128, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14813-8. 1999..Nevertheless, progressive telomere shortening in the mutants, however slow, ultimately should be lethal...
- Use of meiotic FISH for identification of a new monosome in Gossypium hirsutum LY Ji
Department of Soil and Crop Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843, USA
Genome 40:34-40. 1997....
- TELOMERASE ACTIVATOR1 induces telomerase activity and potentiates responses to auxin in ArabidopsisShuxin Ren
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 3258, USA
Plant Cell 16:2910-22. 2004....
- Regulation of telomerase in Arabidopsis by BT2, an apparent target of TELOMERASE ACTIVATOR1Shuxin Ren
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Plant Cell 19:23-31. 2007....
- POT1-independent single-strand telomeric DNA binding activities in BrassicaceaeEugene V Shakirov
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, 2128 TAMU, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
Plant J 58:1004-15. 2009..thaliana and its close relatives, underscoring the remarkable functional divergence of POT1 proteins from plants and other eukaryotes...