Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Heritable endosymbionts of DrosophilaMariana Mateos
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Genetics 174:363-76. 2006..Several new strains of Wolbachia and Spiroplasma were discovered, including ones divergent from any reported to date. The phylogenetic distribution of Wolbachia and Spiroplasma in Drosophila is discussed...
- Molecular systematics of the deep-sea hydrothermal vent endemic Brachyuran family Bythograeidae: a comparison of three Bayesian species tree methodsMariana Mateos
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e32066. 2012..Our species tree analyses reveal differences in how each of the three methods weighs conflicting phylogenetic signal from different gene partitions and how limits on the number of outgroup taxa may affect the results...
- Phylogeography of supralittoral rocky intertidal Ligia isopods in the pacific region from central California to central MexicoLuis A Hurtado
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11633. 2010..We expect to find high levels of allopatric diversity. In addition, we expect the phylogeographic patterns to show signatures of past vicariant events that occurred in this geologically dynamic region...
- Ribosomal intergenic spacer (IGS) length variation across the Drosophilinae (Diptera: Drosophilidae)Mariana Mateos
Center for Insect Science and Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona, BioSciences West 310, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
BMC Evol Biol 5:46. 2005..Furthermore, we compared the usefulness of two methods commonly used to determine IGS length: Southern Blot Hybridization (SB) and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)...
- Spiroplasma bacteria enhance survival of Drosophila hydei attacked by the parasitic wasp Leptopilina heterotomaJialei Xie
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e12149. 2010....