Ernestine S Lacy
Affiliation: Texas A and M Health Science Center
- Achieving student diversity in dental schools: a model that worksErnestine S Lacy
Texas A and M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
J Dent Educ 76:523-33. 2012..S. dental school from 2006 to 2009. This article describes the program that led to these successes...
- Retention of underrepresented minority students in dental school: one dental schools storyErnestine S Lacy
TAMHSC BCD, USA
J Am Coll Dent 78:40-7. 2011..The more of these students we enroll and graduate, the more the problem of access to dental care is addressed...
- Underrepresented minority students' experiences at Baylor College of Dentistry: perceptions of cultural climate and reasons for choosing to attendAnn L McCann
Texas A and M University Baylor College of Dentistry, 3302 Gaston Ave, Dallas, TX 75246
J Dent Educ 78:411-22. 2014..This information is being used to continue to improve the school's cultural climate and to conduct a broader assessment of all students. ..
- Guide for the mentoring dentist: the admissions office perspectiveBarbara H Miller
Texas A and M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas, USA
Tex Dent J 128:1191-3. 2011..This guide will aid mentoring dentists in the process of helping their mentees to be successful as applicants, dental students and, ultimately, dental practitioners...
- Preparing dental students to treat patients with special needs: changes in predoctoral education after the revised accreditation standardJonathan C Clemetson
Department of Student Development, Baylor College of Dentistry, 3302 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246 8133, USA
J Dent Educ 76:1457-65. 2012..If dental schools' efforts to meet this standard were found to be incomplete or ineffective, the result may be an even greater shortage of services for this population and will point to the need for additional efforts in this area...