Patrick M Krueger
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Being poor and coping with stress: health behaviors and the risk of deathPatrick M Krueger
Division of Management, Policy, and Community Health, University of Texas School of Public Health, 1200 Herman Pressler, RAS E 907, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Public Health 98:889-96. 2008..We examined whether smoking, alcohol use, and physical inactivity moderate the relationship between perceived stress and the risk of death in the US population as a whole and across socioeconomic strata...
- Sleep duration in the United States: a cross-sectional population-based studyPatrick M Krueger
School of Public Health, University of Texas, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Epidemiol 169:1052-63. 2009..The authors identify numerous risk factors for long and short sleep; many of those variables are potential confounders of the relation between sleep hours and other health outcomes...
- Invited commentary: toward a more comprehensive social epidemiology of marital trajectories and mortalityPatrick M Krueger
Division of Management, Policy, and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Texas, 1200 Herman Pressler, RAS E907, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Epidemiol 170:556-8. 2009....
- Education and racial-ethnic differences in types of exercise in the United StatesJarron M Saint Onge
University of Houston, Department of Sociology, Houston, TX77204 3012, USA
J Health Soc Behav 52:197-211. 2011..Our findings offer insight into the social stratification of health and can aid the design of public health interventions...
- Gender, acculturation, and health among Mexican AmericansBridget K Gorman
Department of Sociology, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005 1892, USA
J Health Soc Behav 51:440-57. 2010....
- A developmental study of heavy episodic drinking among college students: the role of psychosocial and behavioral protective and risk factorsRichard Jessor
Institute of Behavioral Science, 483 UCB, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0483, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:86-94. 2006....