Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Influence of BMI on level of circulating progenitor cellsCharles F Bellows
General Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Division of Surgical Research, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1722-6. 2011..In contrast, the frequencies of mature endothelial cells (EC) and CD34-bright leukocytes are unaffected by obesity. Combined, our results indicate that obesity promotes mobilization of progenitor cells, which may have clinical relevance...
- A peptide probe for targeted brown adipose tissue imagingAli Azhdarinia
1 Center for Molecular Imaging, The Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA 2
Nat Commun 4:2472. 2013..Finally, we demonstrate that this probe can be used to identify brown adipose tissue depots in mice by whole-body near-infrared fluorescence imaging. ..
- Progenitor cell mobilization from extramedullary organsMikhail G Kolonin
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 904:243-52. 2012..The evidence for the extramedullary progenitor mobilization, with a specific emphasis on white adipose tissue, is presented...
- Identification of Proteins Mediating Prostate CancerMIKHAIL KOLONIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Function of Prohibitin / Annexin 2 Interaction in White Adipose TissueMikhail G Kolonin; Fiscal Year: 2010..The molecular interaction between prohibitin and annexin 2 uncovered by our work is a potential target for anti-obesity therapy, and this study is a next step toward prospective clinical trials. ..