Genomes and Genes
Kathy L E Klos
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Consistent effects of genes involved in reverse cholesterol transport on plasma lipid and apolipoprotein levels in CARDIA participantsKathy L E Klos
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Human Genetics Center, P O Box 20186, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1828-36. 2006..To identify common variations in genes in the reverse cholesterol transport pathway with nongender-specific influence on plasma lipid and apolipoprotein levels...
- Genetic determinants of HDL: monogenic disorders and contributions to variationKathy L E Klos
aHuman Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 22:344-51. 2007..This review focuses on recent progress towards the characterization of genetic variations that contribute to interindividual variation in plasma high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in the general population...
- APOE/C1/C4/C2 hepatic control region polymorphism influences plasma apoE and LDL cholesterol levelsKathy Klos
Human Genetic Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2039-46. 2008....
- ESR1 polymorphism is associated with plasma lipid and apolipoprotein levels in Caucasians of the Rochester Family Heart StudyKathy L E Klos
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
J Lipid Res 49:1701-6. 2008..0030 and P = 0.0024) than in males (P > 0.05). These findings suggest that ESR1 variation plays an age- and sex-dependent role in determining plasma lipid and apolipoprotein levels...
- APOA5 polymorphisms influence plasma triglycerides in young, healthy African Americans and whites of the CARDIA StudyKathy L E Klos
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Lipid Res 46:564-71. 2005..46% among white males, and 0-0.69% among African American females. The results of our study suggest a small but replicable context-dependent influence of the APOA5 gene region on plasma TG levels in young, healthy individuals...
- Comprehensive evaluation of apolipoprotein H gene (APOH) variation identifies novel associations with measures of lipid metabolism in GENOAMagalie S Leduc
Human Genetics Center, Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
J Lipid Res 49:2648-56. 2008..In conclusion, family-based analyses of APOH variants have identified associations with measures of lipid metabolism in three American racial groups...
- Evidence for consistent intragenic and intergenic interactions between SNP effects in the APOA1/C3/A4/A5 gene clusterSara C Hamon
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Hum Hered 61:87-96. 2006..Evaluate the consistency of the contribution of interactions between single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotype effects to variation in measures of lipid metabolism across ethnic strata within gender...