Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Genetic structure and linkage disequilibrium in a diverse, representative collection of the C4 model plant, Sorghum bicolorYi Hong Wang
Department of Biology, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Louisiana 70504, USA
G3 (Bethesda) 3:783-93. 2013..5-35.5 kb were detected on chromosomes 1, 2, 9, and 10. We examined the genes encoded within each block to provide a first look at candidates such as homologs of GS3 and FT that may indicate a selective sweep during sorghum domestication...
- Sequence-based alignment of sorghum chromosome 3 and rice chromosome 1 reveals extensive conservation of gene order and one major chromosomal rearrangementPatricia E Klein
Institute for Plant Genomics and Biotechnology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Plant J 34:605-21. 2003....
- Functional annotation of the transcriptome of Sorghum bicolor in response to osmotic stress and abscisic acidDiana V Dugas
Department of Horticulture, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
BMC Genomics 12:514. 2011....
- A BAC pooling strategy combined with PCR-based screenings in a large, highly repetitive genome enables integration of the maize genetic and physical mapsYoung Sun Yim
Division of Plant Sciences, University of Missouri, 1 31 Agriculture, Columbia, MO, USA
BMC Genomics 8:47. 2007..Finally, they validate assemblies based solely on BAC fingerprints. We employed a six-dimensional BAC pooling strategy in combination with a high-throughput PCR-based screening method to anchor the maize genetic and physical maps...
- Integration of hybridization-based markers (overgos) into physical maps for comparative and evolutionary explorations in the genus Oryza and in SorghumBarbara L Hass-Jacobus
Department of Agronomy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
BMC Genomics 7:199. 2006..Similar studies were undertaken in Sorghum bicolor, a species which diverged from cultivated rice 40-50 million years ago...
- Sorghum stay-green QTL individually reduce post-flowering drought-induced leaf senescenceKaren Harris
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
J Exp Bot 58:327-38. 2007..The RTx7000 NILs created in this study provide the starting point for in-depth analysis of stay-green physiology, interaction among stay-green QTL and map-based cloning of the genes that underlie this trait...
- Extensive variation in the density and distribution of DNA polymorphism in sorghum genomesJoseph Evans
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e79192. 2013..Overall, sorghum chromosomes contain distal euchromatic regions characterized by extensive, localized variation in DNA polymorphism density, and large pericentromeric regions of low gene density, diversity, and recombination. ..