Genomes and Genes
Jan E Janecka
Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Pyrosequencing of 16S rRNA genes in fecal samples reveals high diversity of hindgut microflora in horses and potential links to chronic laminitisSamantha M Steelman
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4458, USA
BMC Vet Res 8:231. 2012..We performed pyrosequencing of 16S rRNA bacterial genes isolated from fecal material to characterize hindgut bacterial communities in healthy horses and those with chronic laminitis...
- Exploring the correlations between sequence evolution rate and phenotypic divergence across the Mammalian tree provides insights into adaptive evolutionJan Janecka
Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
J Biosci 37:897-909. 2012..We suggest research directions that could illuminate mechanisms behind the functional diversity we see today...
- Noninvasive genetic population survey of snow leopards (Panthera uncia) in Kangchenjunga conservation area, Shey Phoksundo National Park and surrounding buffer zones of NepalDibesh B Karmacharya
Center for Molecular Dynamics Nepal, Swaraj Sadan 5th Floor, Thapathali 11, Kathmandu, Nepal
BMC Res Notes 4:516. 2011..abstract:..
- Accelerated evolution of CES7, a gene encoding a novel major urinary protein in the cat familyGang Li
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, TX, USA
Mol Biol Evol 28:911-20. 2011....
- Molecular and genomic data identify the closest living relative of primatesJan E Janecka
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Science 318:792-4. 2007..Our data show that colugos are the closest living relatives of primates and indicate that their divergence occurred in the Cretaceous...