Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Physicians' views and practice of smoking cessationShaohua Hu
Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 7000 Fannin St 2070, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Tex Med 99:57-63. 2003....
- Knowing how to help tobacco users. Dentists' familiarity and compliance with the clinical practice guidelineShaohua Hu
Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:170-9. 2006..This study assessed practices of dentists in east Texas, their adherence to the guideline and barriers to adherence...
- Smoking cessation counseling practices of Texas pharmacistsAngela Meshack
Intervention and Research Associates, LLC, Houston, TX 77088, USA
J Community Health 34:231-8. 2009..Pharmacy education leaders must continue their movement to include public health in the pharmacy curricula to produce pharmacists who are prepared to better serve the community...
- Media and community campaign effects on adult tobacco use in TexasAlfred McAlister
University of Texas School of Public Health, Center ofr Health Promotion and Prevention Research, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
J Health Commun 9:95-109. 2004..Results also show that exposure to media messages was related to processes of change in smoking cessation and that those processes were related to the quitting that was observed in the group receiving the most intensive campaigns...
- The CATCH Kids Club: a pilot after-school study for improving elementary students' nutrition and physical activitySteve Kelder
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, 7000 Fannin 2658, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Public Health Nutr 8:133-40. 2005..The purpose of this paper is to report on a pilot study of an after-school adaptation of the CATCH (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) elementary school programme called the CATCH Kids Club (CKC)...
- Smoking cessation activities by pharmacists in East TexasJeremy A Margolis
Department of Psychology, Cameron College, Lawton, Okla, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash) 42:508-9. 2002
- Smoking cessation activities in Texas: the role of dentistsJeremy A Margolis
University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, UTHSC Dental Branch, USA
Tex Dent J 119:1176-82. 2002
- Predicting initiation of smoking in adolescents: evidence for integrating the stages of change and susceptibility to smoking constructsAlexander V Prokhorov
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Addict Behav 27:697-712. 2002..This new classification system yielded better concurrent and predictive validity than did either stage of smoking acquisition or susceptibility to smoking alone...