Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Radiation exposure from diagnostic imaging studies among patients with inflammatory bowel disease in a safety-net health-care systemJason K Hou
Houston VA HSR and D Center of Excellence Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Hospital, 1709 Dryden Road, Suite 8 40, MS BCM 620, Houston, TX, 77030, USA
Dig Dis Sci 59:546-53. 2014..Our purpose was to identify associations of high-dose radiation exposure among an ethnically diverse cohort of IBD patients in a safety-net health-care system...
- Risk of colorectal cancer among Caucasian and African American veterans with ulcerative colitisJason K Hou
Houston VA HSR and D Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:1011-7. 2012..Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a risk factor for developing CRC; however, risk differences for CRC between African Americans and Caucasians with UC are unknown...
- Inflammatory bowel disease characteristics and treatment in Hispanics and CaucasiansJason Hou
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Baylor College of Medicine Gastroenterology, 1709 Dryden Street Suite 800, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:1476-81. 2011..Many inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) studies have focused on Caucasian patients and little data exist on IBD in Hispanics living in the United States...
- Dietary intake and risk of developing inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review of the literatureJason K Hou
Section of Gastroenterology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 106:563-73. 2011..Although many studies have evaluated the association between diet and IBD risk, there has been no systematic review...
- Patient experiences with surveillance endoscopy: a qualitative studyJennifer Arney
Department of Sociology, University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX, USA
Dig Dis Sci 59:1378-85. 2014..We sought to identify specific elements of the EGD experience that frame overall perceptions of surveillance...
- Practice patterns of surveillance endoscopy in a Veterans Affairs database of 29,504 patients with Barrett's esophagusHashem B El-Serag
the Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2002 Holcombe Blvd 152, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 76:743-55. 2012..Although surveys report that >95% of gastroenterologists recommend or practice BE surveillance, the extent and patterns of surveillance in clinical practice are unknown...