George I Henderson
Affiliation: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Overexpression of Nrf2 protects cerebral cortical neurons from ethanol-induced apoptotic deathMadhusudhanan Narasimhan
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
Mol Pharmacol 80:988-99. 2011..These studies illustrate the importance of Nrf2-dependent maintenance of GSH homeostasis in cerebral cortical neurons in the defense against oxidative stress and apoptotic death elicited by ETOH exposure...
- ETOH Teratogenesis: Apoptotic Death of Cortical NeuronsGeorge Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ALCOHOL TERATOGENESIS--APOPTOSIS AND TOXIC ALDEHYDESGeorge Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies are based on new/novel developments and should significantly add to our understanding of the toxic effects of E on fetal tissues. ..
- Neuroprotection from ETOH-mediated apoptosis: Nrf2/ARE control of GSH homeostasisGeorge I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is mediated by Nrf2/ARE driven gene expressions which can be controlled. Linterventions will utilize augmentation of the "3-glutamyl cycle" or its components which will be manipulated at the molecular level. ..
- Astrocyte Control of Toxin-Mediated Neuron Death: Role of the Gamma-Glutamyl PathGeorge I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will determine how the toxins damage it (to prevent this from happening), and how this system is normally controlled. ..