Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- The association of variants in the FTO gene with longitudinal body mass index profiles in non-Hispanic white children and adolescentsD M Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:61-8. 2012..To investigate possible age-related changes in associations between polymorphisms in the fat mass and obesity-associated (FTO) gene and higher body mass index (BMI)...
- Longitudinal analysis of haplotypes and polymorphisms of the APOA5 and APOC3 genes associated with variation in serum triglyceride levels: the Bogalusa Heart StudyD Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Metabolism 55:1574-81. 2006..However, the degree to which polymorphisms in the APOC3 and APOA5 genes may be independently associated with triglyceride levels remains to be determined...
- Relation of PCSK9 mutations to serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in childhood and adulthood (from The Bogalusa Heart Study)D Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:69-72. 2007..In conclusion, our results show that these PCSK9 variants are associated with significantly lower LDL cholesterol levels starting in childhood...
- The beta(2)-adrenergic receptor Arg16-gly polymorphism and interactions involving beta(2)- and beta(3)-adrenergic receptor polymorphisms are associated with variations in longitudinal serum lipid profiles: the Bogalusa Heart StudyD Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Metabolism 53:1184-91. 2004....
- Relationship between low-density lipoprotein subclasses and asymptomatic atherosclerosis in subjects from the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) StudyD Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX 77225, USA
Biomarkers 9:190-202. 2004..A predominance of smaller LDL particles is associated with asymptomatic carotid artery atherosclerosis in Caucasians, through mechanisms that remain to be elucidated...
- A genome-wide linkage scan for diabetic retinopathy susceptibility genes in Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetes from Starr County, TexasD Michael Hallman
University of Texas Health, Science Center at Houston, P O Box 20186, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Diabetes 56:1167-73. 2007..Candidate genes were identified in most implicated regions...
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CHANGE IN CVD RISK FACTORSDAVID MICHAEL HALLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Genes, Hormomes, Growth, and Body Fat: Project HeartBeatDAVID MICHAEL HALLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our analyses may also help identify genetic variants that may predispose some individuals toward obesity. ..
- Genotypes, Haplotypes, and Blood Pressure Change from Childhood to AdulthoodDAVID MICHAEL HALLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....