Genomes and Genes
D Michael Hallman
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Relationship between low-density lipoprotein subclasses and asymptomatic atherosclerosis in subjects from the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) StudyD Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX 77225, USA
Biomarkers 9:190-202. 2004..A predominance of smaller LDL particles is associated with asymptomatic carotid artery atherosclerosis in Caucasians, through mechanisms that remain to be elucidated...
- Longitudinal analysis of haplotypes and polymorphisms of the APOA5 and APOC3 genes associated with variation in serum triglyceride levels: the Bogalusa Heart StudyD Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Metabolism 55:1574-81. 2006..However, the degree to which polymorphisms in the APOC3 and APOA5 genes may be independently associated with triglyceride levels remains to be determined...
- Relation of PCSK9 mutations to serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in childhood and adulthood (from The Bogalusa Heart Study)D Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:69-72. 2007..In conclusion, our results show that these PCSK9 variants are associated with significantly lower LDL cholesterol levels starting in childhood...
- A genome-wide linkage scan for diabetic retinopathy susceptibility genes in Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetes from Starr County, TexasD Michael Hallman
University of Texas Health, Science Center at Houston, P O Box 20186, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Diabetes 56:1167-73. 2007..Candidate genes were identified in most implicated regions...
- The beta(2)-adrenergic receptor Arg16-gly polymorphism and interactions involving beta(2)- and beta(3)-adrenergic receptor polymorphisms are associated with variations in longitudinal serum lipid profiles: the Bogalusa Heart StudyD Michael Hallman
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77225, USA
Metabolism 53:1184-91. 2004....
- Apolipoprotein-E polymorphism and response to pravastatin in men with coronary artery disease (REGRESS)Anke Hilse Maitland-van der Zee
Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Acta Cardiol 61:327-31. 2006..corrected] The influence ofApoE polymorphism on the efficacy of statins in lowering plasma lipids and lipoproteins and improving angiographic parameters was assessed...