Megan L Grove
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Best practices and joint calling of the HumanExome BeadChip: the CHARGE ConsortiumMegan L Grove
School of Public Health, Human Genetics Center, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e68095. 2013..The cluster file from this experiment is available at www.chargeconsortium.com/main/exomechip. ..
- Failure to replicate an association of SNPs in the oxidized LDL receptor gene (OLR1) with CADJoshua W Knowles
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Falk Cardiovascular Research Building, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5406, USA
BMC Med Genet 9:23. 2008..We tested whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in OLR1 are associated with clinically significant CAD in the Atherosclerotic Disease, VAscular FuNction, & Geneti C Epidemiology (ADVANCE) study...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in cholesteryl ester transfer protein gene and recurrent coronary heart disease or mortality in patients with established atherosclerosisSalim S Virani
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas Section of Cardiovascular Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 112:1287-92. 2013..In conclusion, genetic CETP variants were not associated with recurrent MI or recurrent revascularization in overall cohort with a possible mortality increase in patients who underwent CABG. ..
- Seafood consumption and blood mercury concentrations in Jamaican children with and without autism spectrum disordersMohammad H Rahbar
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Sciences, The University of Texas School of Public Health at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurotox Res 23:22-38. 2013..Based on our findings, we recommend additional education to Jamaican parents regarding potential hazards of elevated blood mercury concentrations, and its association with seafood consumption and type of seafood...
- Role of Metabolic Genes in Blood Arsenic Concentrations of Jamaican Children with and without Autism Spectrum DisorderMohammad H Rahbar
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Sciences EHGES, University of Texas School of Public Health at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 11:7874-95. 2014..These findings suggest a possible role of GSTP1 in the detoxification of arsenic. ..
- High-resolution identity by descent mapping uncovers the genetic basis for blood pressure differences between spontaneously hypertensive rat linesRebecca Bell
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas HSC at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 4:223-31. 2011....
- Exon sequencing of PAX3 and T (brachyury) in cases with spina bifidaA J Agopian
Human Genetics Center, Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, Texas
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 97:597-601. 2013..Based on studies in animals and humans, PAX3 and T (brachyury) are candidate genes for spina bifida. However, neither gene has been definitively identified as a risk factor for this condition...
- Chromosome 9p21 single nucleotide polymorphisms are not associated with recurrent myocardial infarction in patients with established coronary artery diseaseSalim S Virani
Center of Excellence, Health Services Research and Development, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circ J 76:950-6. 2012....
- Maternal and paternal age are jointly associated with childhood autism in JamaicaMohammad H Rahbar
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Sciences EHGES, School of Public Health, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston UTHealth, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1928-38. 2012..6, 9.1)] and a difference for maternal age of [6.5 years; 95% CI (4.0, 8.9)]. To avoid multicollinearity in logistic regression, we recommend joint modeling of parental ages as a vector of outcome variables using MGLM...
- Population-based risk factors for elevated alanine aminotransferase in a South Texas Mexican-American populationHui Qi Qu
University of Texas School of Public Health, Brownsville, Texas, USA
Arch Med Res 43:482-8. 2012..We aimed to identify and stratify risk factors associated with elevated ALT in a randomly selected population with a high prevalence of elevated ALT (39%), obesity (49%) and diabetes (30%)...
- Genome-wide identification of allelic expression in hypertensive ratsRenata I Dmitrieva
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, 2121 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:106-15. 2009..Inbred animal models can facilitate genetic studies of disease traits. The spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) is an inbred model of hypertension that exists in several closely related but genetically distinct lines...