Affiliation: Texas A and M Health Science Center
- Structural basis of BMP signalling inhibition by the cystine knot protein NogginJay Groppe
Structural Biology, Salk Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 420:636-42. 2002..The scaffold of Noggin contains a cystine (the oxidized form of cysteine) knot topology similar to that of BMPs; thus, ligand and antagonist seem to have evolved from a common ancestral gene...
- The BMP7/ActRII extracellular domain complex provides new insights into the cooperative nature of receptor assemblyJason Greenwald
Structural Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell 11:605-17. 2003..Taken together, our results provide a view of the ligand-mediated cooperative assembly of BMP and activin receptors that does not rely on receptor-receptor contacts...
- Cooperative assembly of TGF-beta superfamily signaling complexes is mediated by two disparate mechanisms and distinct modes of receptor bindingJay Groppe
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Mol Cell 29:157-68. 2008..Although structurally similar, BMP and TGF-beta receptors bind in dramatically different modes, mediating graded and switch-like assembly mechanisms that may have coevolved with branch-specific groups of cytoplasmic effectors...
- In vitro analyses of the dysregulated R206H ALK2 kinase-FKBP12 interaction associated with heterotopic ossification in FOPJay C Groppe
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 194:291-5. 2011..In conclusion, substitution with histidine leads to partial loss of inhibition of the mutant type I receptor through diminished binding of FKBP12, which may act as a gradient reader in morphogenetic contexts...
- Structural basis of BMP signaling inhibition by Noggin, a novel twelve-membered cystine knot proteinJay Groppe
Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:52-8. 2003..Toward that end, we have determined the crystal structure of the antagonist Noggin bound to BMP-7...
- Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressivaFrederick S Kaplan
Departments of Orthopedic Surgery and Medicine, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, c o Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 22:191-205. 2008..Effective therapies for FOP, and possibly for other common conditions of HO, may potentially be based on future interventions that block ACVR1/ALK2 signalling...