Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Age, puberty, and exposure to intimate partner violence in adolescenceHolly Foster
Department of Sociology, Texas A and M University, Academic 422, 4351 TAMU, College Station 77843, Texas, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1036:151-66. 2004..The importance of disentangling types of age effects as raised in the developmental literature and as supported by these findings is discussed in relation to the prevention of youth violence...
- Children's exposure to community and war violence and mental health in four African countriesHolly Foster
Department of Sociology, MS 4351, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 146:292-9. 2015..Emerging research points to avenues for prevention and future inquiry. ..
- Neighborhood, family and individual influences on school physical victimizationHolly Foster
Department of Sociology, Texas A and M University, MS 4351 TAMU, College Station, TX, 77843, USA
J Youth Adolesc 42:1596-610. 2013..The role of neighborhood and family residential instability on victimization warrants further research...
- Maternal and paternal imprisonment in the stress processHolly Foster
Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, United States Electronic address
Soc Sci Res 42:650-69. 2013..Analyses further specify a vulnerability of male and minority young adults to high levels of mental health problems following maternal and paternal incarceration in adolescence...
- Growing up fast: stress exposure and subjective "weathering" in emerging adulthoodHolly Foster
Department of Sociology, Texas A and M University, Mail Stop 4351, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
J Health Soc Behav 49:162-77. 2008..These experiences culminate in subjective weathering associated with depressive symptoms in emerging adulthood. Our findings connect physical and subjective weathering within the stress process paradigm...
- Toward a stress process model of children's exposure to physical family and community violenceHolly Foster
Department of Sociology, Texas A and M University, MS 4351 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 12:71-94. 2009..We further identify needed future research on children's ETV including coping resources as well as research on cumulative contributions of violence exposure, violence exposure modifications, curvilinearity, and timing of exposure...