Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Senescence and apoptosis in carcinogenesis of cervical squamous carcinomaWei Feng
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mod Pathol 20:961-6. 2007....
- Clinicopathologic significance of putative stem cell markers, CD44 and nestin, in gastric adenocarcinomaSadhna Dhingra
Department of Pathology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, United States
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 4:733-41. 2011..Their expression is also increased in intestinal metaplasia, a premalignant lesion. These findings suggest that CSCs may have a pathogenetic role in the pathway of intestinal metaplasia-intestinal type gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Characteristics of Epstein-Barr virus-associated gastric cancer: a study of 235 cases at a comprehensive cancer center in U.S.ACamtu D Truong
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:14. 2009..The aims of this study were to evaluate EBV-associated gastric cancer, to assess the distribution of EBV infected cells including all positive lymph nodes, and to define the characteristics of EBV-associated gastric cancer...
- Intravascular large B-cell lymphoma: report of three cases and analysis of the mTOR pathwayQi Shen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 4:782-90. 2011..These data suggest that overactivation of mTOR pathway may play a role in lymphomagenesis of IVLBCL and mTORC2 inhibitors may be beneficial in treating IVLBCL...
- Multicentric hepatic EBV-associated smooth muscle tumors in an AIDS patient: a case report, investigation of mTOR activation and review of the literatureQi Shen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston TX, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 4:421-9. 2011..In addition, we provide a review of the literature on the clinicopathologic findings of hepatic EBV-SMT in adult AIDS patients, and discuss their biologies and possible therapeutic strategies...
- Morphoproteomic evidence of constitutively activated and overexpressed mTOR pathway in cervical squamous carcinoma and high grade squamous intraepithelial lesionsWei Feng
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2:249-60. 2009..These results suggest that the mTOR pathway plays a key role in cervical carcinogenesis and targeted therapies may be developed for SCC as well as its precursor lesion, HSIL...
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor II mRNA-binding protein 3 in human esophageal adenocarcinoma and its precursor lesionsWei Feng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:1024-31. 2011..The expression of IMP3 in esophageal adenocarcinoma (EAC) and its precursor lesions including distinctive type Barrett mucosa (BM, intestinal metaplasia) and esophageal columnar dysplasia (ECD) is largely unknown...
- Morphoproteomic analysis reveals an overexpressed and constitutively activated phospholipase D1-mTORC2 pathway in endometrial carcinomaQi Shen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 4:13-21. 2010....
- Morphoproteomic profile of mTOR, Ras/Raf kinase/ERK, and NF-kappaB pathways in human gastric adenocarcinomaWei Feng
Department of Pathology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:195-209. 2008....
- Transmembrane TNF-alpha mediates "forward" and "reverse" signaling, inducing cell death or survival via the NF-kappaB pathway in Raji Burkitt lymphoma cellsHailong Zhang
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hangkong Rd, Wuhan, Hubei, 430030, PR China
J Leukoc Biol 84:789-97. 2008..On the contrary, tmTNF-alpha, when acting as a ligand, inhibits NF-kappaB activity through forward signaling, which is inclined to induce tumor cell death...
- Facilitation of hematopoietic recovery by bone grafts with intra-bone marrow-bone marrow transplantationChangye Song
First Department of Pathology, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi City, Osaka, Japan
Immunobiology 213:455-68. 2008..Moreover, the analyses of thymic sections using confocal microscopy revealed that donor BM stromal cells had migrated into the thymus. Thus, the co-administration of donor bones has great advantages for allogeneic BMT in adult mice...
- Facile formation of hydrophilic derivatives of 5H-8,9-dimethoxy-5-[2-(N,N-dimethylamino)ethyl]-2,3-methylenedioxydibenzo[c,h] [1,6]naphthyridin-6-one (ARC-111) and its 12-aza analog via quaternary ammonium intermediatesWei Feng
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, 08854 8020, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:3570-2. 2008....
- A limited course of soluble CD83 delays acute cellular rejection of MHC-mismatched mouse skin allograftsJun Fa Xu
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Transpl Int 20:266-76. 2007..Our results suggest that CD83-Ig could be useful for the treatment of allograft rejection in combination with other therapeutic strategies...
- Soluble mouse B7-H3 down-regulates dendritic cell stimulatory capacity to allogenic T cell proliferation and production of IL-2 and IFN-gammaJunfa Xu
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Cell Mol Immunol 3:235-40. 2006..Further studies revealed that soluble mB7h3-hIg could also inhibit IL-2 and IFN-gamma production of allogenic T cells. These results suggested a great potential of soluble B7-H3 for treatment of graft rejection and autoimmume disease...
- [Inhibitory effect of the venom of spider Macrothele raveni on proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line BEL-7402 and its mechanism]Li Gao
College of Life Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, 050016, PR China
Ai Zheng 24:812-6. 2005..This study was to explore inhibitory effect of the venom of spider Macrothele raveni on proliferation of human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line BEL-7402 and its molecular mechanism...
- Impact of simultaneous assay, the PCNA, cyclinD1, and DNA content with specimens before and after preoperative radiotherapy on prognosis of esophageal cancer-possible incorporation into clinical TNM staging systemShu Chai Zhu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fourth Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Jiankanglu 12, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:3823-9. 2005..The aim of the present study is to use immunohistochemical methods to investigate the clinical implications of tumor markers in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and evaluate their impact on prognosis...
- [Influence of suramin on the proliferation of prostatic carcinoma cells PC-3M]Yi Fei Xing
Department of Urology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430022, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 9:338-40. 2003..To examine the effects of suramin on the growth, cell cycle and apoptosis of a hormone refractory prostate cancer cell line PC-3M, and to explore the possible mechanisms...