Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Introduction of farm stands in low-income communities increases fruit and vegetable among community residentsAlexandra E Evans
University of Texas School of Public Health Austin Regional Campus, Michael and Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, 1616 Guadalupe Street, Suite 6 300 Austin, Texas 78701, USA
Health Place 18:1137-43. 2012..This study underscores the potential of farmers' markets to increase F&V consumption through increasing F&V access in low-income communities...
- The relationship between the food environment and fruit and vegetable intake of adolescents living in Residential Children's HomesAlexandra Evans
Michael and Susan Dell Center for Advancement of Healthy Living, Austin Regional Campus, University of Texas School of Public Health, 313 East 12th Street, Suite 220, Austin, TX 78705, USA
Health Educ Res 24:520-30. 2009..Food environments are related to adolescents' dietary behaviors and interventions targeting FV consumption should include strategies to increase administrative support and the development of FV-related policies...
- Parental feeding practices and concerns related to child underweight, picky eating, and using food to calm differ according to ethnicity/race, acculturation, and incomeAlexandra Evans
Michael and Susan Dell Center for Advancement of Healthy Living, Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas School of Public Health, Austin Regional Campus, 313 E 12th Street, Suite 220, Austin, TX, 78701, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:899-909. 2011..Results from this study can be used to tailor health programs that promote healthy feeding practices among parents...
- A descriptive study of beverage consumption among an ethnically diverse sample of public school students in TexasAlexandra E Evans
Michael and Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, University of Texas School of Public Health, Austin Regional Campus, Austin, TX 78701, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 29:387-96. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine prevalence rates of 5 types of beverage consumption by sociodemographic factors among 4th-, 8th-, and 11th-grade public school students in Texas...
- Traditional foods and practices of Spanish-speaking Latina mothers influence the home food environment: implications for future interventionsAlexandra Evans
University of Texas School of Public Health Austin Regional Campus, Michael and Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, Austin, TX 78701, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 111:1031-8. 2011..In addition, interventions could encourage and reinforce healthy food-related practices that Latino families bring from their native countries...
- Exposure to multiple components of a garden-based intervention for middle school students increases fruit and vegetable consumptionAlexandra Evans
University of Texas School of Public Health, Austin, USA
Health Promot Pract 13:608-16. 2012....
- Environmental determinants of children's physical activity in residential children's homesJennifer L Gay
Dept of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas School of Public Health, Brownsville, TX, USA
J Phys Act Health 8:636-44. 2011..Little is known about environmental determinants of physical activity for children in RCH...
- Ethnic differences in the home food environment and parental food practices among families of low-income Hispanic and African-American preschoolersKatherine Skala
School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 14:1014-22. 2012..69, P ≤ 0.001). Hispanic families consumed more family meals together (P = 0.003) and less meals in front of the television (P ≤ 0.006). Health promotion interventions should consider the behavioral differences between ethnicities...