Krystal L Edwards
Affiliation: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Insulin glargine and cancer risk: an opinion statement of the Endocrine and Metabolism Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical PharmacyKrystal L Edwards
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Dallas, Texas 75216, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:955-65. 2010..Until more substantial data are available, however, neither the choice of initial insulin therapy nor insulin maintenance regimens should be influenced by the current information linking insulin glargine to cancer...
- An update in incretin-based therapy: a focus on glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonistsKrystal L Edwards
School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Dallas, Texas 75216, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 14:951-67. 2012..For T2DM patients willing to use an injectable agent, exenatide and liraglutide offer another therapeutic option to control hyperglycemia with the potential for weight loss and may be combined with other agents safely...
- Third-line agent selection for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus uncontrolled with sulfonylureas and metforminKrystal L Edwards
School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Veterans Administration North Texas Health Care System, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:506-21. 2008..Therefore, a standard of care cannot be provided; rather, clinicians must evaluate each patient to ascertain that patient's optimum therapy. In doing so, clinicians need to be familiar with the efficacy, safety, and cost of each agent...
- Race as a factor for intensification of diabetes medicationsKatura C Bullock
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy Dallas Fort Worth, 4500 S Lancaster Rd, Building 7 R 119A, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Diabetes Educ 39:335-43. 2013..The purpose of this study was to investigate if patients of nonwhite race are less likely to receive insulin therapy for treatment of poorly controlled diabetes than patients of white race...
- Implications of rosiglitazone and pioglitazone on cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusBrian K Irons
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, Texas 79430 8162, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:168-81. 2006..Alterations in these risk factors are likely due to their effects on improving insulin sensitivity and/or glycemic control. Trials to assess whether thiazolidinediones actually reduce cardiovascular outcomes are continuing...
- An update in incretin-based therapy: a focus on dipeptidyl peptidase--4 inhibitorsBrian K Irons
Ambulatory Care Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, 3601 4th St Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Curr Diabetes Rev 8:169-82. 2012..For patients with mildly elevated glucose concentrations, they are therapeutic options in both drug-naive patients as well as those not optimally controlled on other diabetes medications...