Chiehwen Ed Hsu
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Understanding public health informatics competencies for mid-tier public health practitioners: a web-based surveyChiehwen Ed Hsu
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
Health Informatics J 18:66-76. 2012..Only when healthcare organizations properly identify PHI competency needs will public health practitioners likely improve their overall informatics skills while improving diversification for contribution across multiple settings...
- Correlates of tobacco cessation counseling among Hispanic physicians in the US: a cross-sectional survey studyFrancisco G Soto Mas
College of Education, University of Texas at El Paso, Texas, USA
BMC Public Health 8:5. 2008..The purpose of this study was to explore the correlates of tobacco cessation counseling practices among Hispanic physicians in the US...
- Assessing bioterrorism preparedness and response of rural veterinarians: experiences and training needsChiehwen Ed Hsu
School of Health Information Sciences, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Vet Med Educ 35:262-8. 2008..Federal, state, and local health agencies are urged to increase training opportunities and to make additional efforts to involve veterinarians in bioterrorism preparedness and response...
- What made a successful hepatitis B program for reducing liver cancer disparities: an examination of baseline characteristics and educational intervention, infection status, and missing responses of at-risk Asian AmericansChiehwen Ed Hsu
Public Health Informatics, UT School of Health Information Sciences and School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX, 7000 Fannin, UCT 600, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Community Health 35:325-35. 2010..The information may provide potential directions for improve preventive program for at-risk communities...
- The use of emerging informatics techniques to evaluate the delivery of NMAETC programs to address HIV and AIDS disparitiesChiehwen Ed Hsu
University of Texas School of Biomedical Informatics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 7000 Fannin, Houston, Ste 600, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:1116-22. 2010..We seek to assess the National Minority AIDS Education and Training Center (NMAETC) on whether training activities are delivered appropriately in areas with high AIDS prevalence...