Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Ludwig M, Kuban D, Strom S, Du X, Lopez D, Yamal J. The role of androgen deprivation therapy on biochemical failure and distant metastasis in intermediate-risk prostate cancer: effects of radiation dose escalation. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:190 pubmed publisher..Increasing the duration of ADT beyond 6 months did not reduce the risk of biochemical failures. Better understanding the benefit of ADT in the era of dose escalation will require a randomized clinical trial. ..
- Du X, Zhang Y, Hardy D. Associations between hematopoietic growth factors and risks of venous thromboembolism, stroke, ischemic heart disease and myelodysplastic syndrome: findings from a large population-based cohort of women with breast cancer. Cancer Causes Control. 2016;27:695-707 pubmed publisher..Use of ESAs was significantly associated with substantially increased risks of MDS. These findings support those of previous studies. ..
- Liu Z, Zhang K, Du X. Risks of developing breast and colorectal cancer in association with incomes and geographic locations in Texas: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:294 pubmed publisher..There were geographic variations with cancer incidence clustered in high risk areas in Texas. Future studies may need to explore more factors that might explain income and cancer risk associations and their geographic variations. ..
- Poonawalla I, Piller L, Lairson D, Chan W, Du X. Use of Hematopoietic Growth Factors and Risk of Thromboembolic and Pulmonary Toxicities in Elderly Patients with Advanced Ovarian Cancer. Womens Health Issues. 2016;26:574-83 pubmed publisher..An increased risk of TEEs was observed in elderly patients with ovarian cancer who received ESA + CSF. The risk-benefit ratio for administering HGF should be carefully evaluated, especially among those 85 years and older. ..
- Yang J, Du X, Li S, Wu Y, Lv M, Dong D, et al. The risk and survival outcome of subsequent primary colorectal cancer after the first primary colorectal cancer: cases from 1973 to 2012. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:783 pubmed publisher..The different survival outcomes in CRC survivors suffering from SPCRC were largely explained by the patient age but not by the prior tumor location. ..
- Chen Y, Lairson D, Chan W, Du X. Improved survival in Medicare patients with multiple myeloma: findings from a large nationwide and population-based cohort. Med Oncol. 2017;34:153 pubmed publisher..The survival benefit was significant across different demographic and patient characteristics. However, there were still a substantial number of MM patients not receiving anti-MM therapy. ..