B R Davis
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Risk factors for stroke and type of stroke in persons with isolated systolic hypertension. Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program Cooperative Research GroupB R Davis
University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston 77030, USA
Stroke 29:1333-40. 1998..We sought to determine risk factors for stroke and stroke type in persons with isolated systolic hypertension (ISH)...
- Lack of effectiveness of a low-sodium/high-potassium diet in reducing antihypertensive medication requirements in overweight persons with mild hypertension. TAIM Research Group. Trial of Antihypertensive Interventions and ManagementB R Davis
Coordinating Center for Clinical Trials, University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston 77030
Am J Hypertens 7:926-32. 1994..95 (P = .71). This study provides no support for the sole use of a low-sodium/high-potassium diet as a practical therapeutic strategy in maintaining blood pressure control in the moderately obese...
- Rationale and design for the Antihypertensive and Lipid Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). ALLHAT Research GroupB R Davis
University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:342-60. 1996..The mean duration of treatment and follow-up is planned to be 6 years. Further features of the rationale, design, objectives, treatment program, and study organization of ALLHAT are described in this article...
- Effect of atenolol and reserpine on selected events in the systolic hypertension in the elderly program (SHEP)J B Kostis
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick 08903-0019, USA
Am J Hypertens 8:1147-53. 1995..However, a greater number of patients might have been necessary to adequately evaluate potential differential effects of these drugs, especially for reserpine...
- Antihypertensive therapy, the alpha-adducin polymorphism, and cardiovascular disease in high-risk hypertensive persons: the Genetics of Hypertension-Associated Treatment StudyB R Davis
School of Public Health, University of Texas Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 7:112-22. 2007..This must be confirmed to have implications for hypertension treatment...
- Sex-specific effects of AGT-6 and ACE I/D on pulse pressure after 6 months on antihypertensive treatment: the GenHAT studyA I Lynch
University of Minnesota, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Ann Hum Genet 71:735-45. 2007..For ACE-I/D no evidence for a genotype-by-sex interaction was detected. This finding of genotype-by-sex interaction on PP helps our understanding of the complexity of genetic effects on blood pressure...
- Effects of pravastatin on mortality in patients with and without coronary heart disease across a broad range of cholesterol levels. The Prospective Pravastatin Pooling projectJ Simes
University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Eur Heart J 23:207-15. 2002....
- Pharmacogenetic approaches to hypertension therapy: design and rationale for the Genetics of Hypertension Associated Treatment (GenHAT) studyD K Arnett
University of Minnesota, Division of Epidemiology, Minneapolis, 55454 1015, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 2:309-17. 2002..To our knowledge, GenHAT is the largest pharmacogenetic study ever conducted. An added strength is its ability to link gene-treatment interactions with important clinical outcomes across diverse ethnic and gender groups...
- Interrupted time series analysis of vancomycin compared to cefuroxime for surgical prophylaxis in patients undergoing cardiac surgeryK W Garey
University of Houston, College of Pharmacy, Texas Medical Center, 1441 Moursund Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:446-51. 2008....