Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- A population-based analysis of temporal trends in the incidence of squamous anal canal cancer in relation to the HIV epidemicElizabeth Y Chiao
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:451-5. 2005..The incidence of SCCA has particularly increased among men and those between 30 and 54 years of age since the introduction of HAART...
- Screening HIV-infected individuals for anal cancer precursor lesions: a systematic reviewElizabeth Y Chiao
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Health Services Research and Development Service, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, TX, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:223-33. 2006..This review identifies important areas for further study before routine anal Pap smear screening can be recommended...
- Risk of hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancers after hepatitis C virus infection: A population-based study of U.S. veteransHashem B El-Serag
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Hepatology 49:116-23. 2009..The risk of pancreatic cancer was slightly elevated (1.23; 1.02, 1.49), but was attenuated after adjusting for alcohol use, pancreatitis, and other variables...
- Risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma and lymphoproliferative precursor diseases in US veterans with hepatitis C virusThomas P Giordano
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, and The Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
JAMA 297:2010-7. 2007..Previous studies have been too small to adequately assess these risks...
- Human immunodeficiency virus-associated squamous cell cancer of the anus: epidemiology and outcomes in the highly active antiretroviral therapy eraElizabeth Y Chiao
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center 152, 2002 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:474-9. 2008....
- Update on non-acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-defining malignanciesElizabeth Y Chiao
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 15:389-97. 2003..We review the most recent data regarding clinical presentation, pathology, and treatment outcomes for these non-AIDS-defining malignancies...