Robert S Chapkin
Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Davidson L, Callaway E, Kim E, Weeks B, Fan Y, Allred C, et al. Targeted Deletion of p53 in Lgr5-Expressing Intestinal Stem Cells Promotes Colon Tumorigenesis in a Preclinical Model of Colitis-Associated Cancer. Cancer Res. 2015;75:5392-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we propose that stem cell targeting approaches are valuable for interrogating prevention and therapeutic strategies that aim to specifically eradicate genetically compromised stem cells. ..
- Kim E, Davidson L, Zoh R, Hensel M, Patil B, Jayaprakasha G, et al. Homeostatic responses of colonic LGR5+ stem cells following acute in vivo exposure to a genotoxic carcinogen. Carcinogenesis. 2016;37:206-14 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the mechanisms by which colonic Lgr5(+) stem cells respond to cancer-causing environmental factors. ..
- Fuentes N, Mlih M, Barhoumi R, Fan Y, Hardin P, Steele T, et al. Long-Chain n-3 Fatty Acids Attenuate Oncogenic KRas-Driven Proliferation by Altering Plasma Membrane Nanoscale Proteolipid Composition. Cancer Res. 2018;78:3899-3912 pubmed publisher..b>Graphical Abstract: http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/canres/78/14/3899/F1.large.jpg Cancer Res; 78(14); 3899-912. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Knight J, Kim E, Ivanov I, Davidson L, Goldsby J, Hullar M, et al. Comprehensive site-specific whole genome profiling of stromal and epithelial colonic gene signatures in human sigmoid colon and rectal tissue. Physiol Genomics. 2016;48:651-9 pubmed publisher..These findings provide strong impetus for considering colorectal tissue subtypes and location in future observational studies and clinical trials designed to evaluate the effects of exposures on colonic health. ..
- Fan Y, Davidson L, Chapkin R. Murine Colonic Organoid Culture System and Downstream Assay Applications. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;: pubmed..Specific culture strategies including growth factor enriched Matrigel and Wnt and R-spondin conditioned media serve as key factors for enhancing the growth and cost efficiency of colonic organoid cultures. ..
- Navarro S, Neuhouser M, Cheng T, Tinker L, Shikany J, Snetselaar L, et al. The Interaction between Dietary Fiber and Fat and Risk of Colorectal Cancer in the Women's Health Initiative. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed
- Triff K, McLean M, Konganti K, Pang J, Callaway E, Zhou B, et al. Assessment of histone tail modifications and transcriptional profiling during colon cancer progression reveals a global decrease in H3K4me3 activity. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2017;1863:1392-1402 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that carcinogen-induced changes in gene K4me3 DERs are harbingers of future transcriptional events, which drive malignant transformation of the colon. ..
- Fuentes N, Salinas M, Kim E, Chapkin R. Emerging role of chemoprotective agents in the dynamic shaping of plasma membrane organization. Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr. 2017;1859:1668-1678 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Membrane Lipid Therapy: Drugs Targeting Biomembranes edited by Pablo V. Escribá. ..
- Fan Y, Callaway E, M Monk J, S Goldsby J, Yang P, Vincent L, et al. A New Model to Study the Role of Arachidonic Acid in Colon Cancer Pathophysiology. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2016;9:750-7 pubmed publisher..6%) expands the utility of the Fads1-null mouse model for long-term cancer prevention studies and (ii) that AA content in the colonic epithelium modulates colon cancer risk. Cancer Prev Res; 9(9); 750-7. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Allen M, Fan Y, Monk J, Hou T, Barhoumi R, McMurray D, et al. n-3 PUFAs reduce T-helper 17 cell differentiation by decreasing responsiveness to interleukin-6 in isolated mouse splenic CD4? T cells. J Nutr. 2014;144:1306-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that n-3 PUFAs suppress Th17 cell differentiation in part by reducing membrane raft-dependent responsiveness to IL-6, an essential polarizing cytokine. ..