Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Lead and copper in drinking water fountains--information for physiciansIrina Cech
University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston 77030, USA
South Med J 99:137-42. 2006..The data for the water fountains were compared with what we found in the local municipal drinking water supplies...
- Spatial distribution of orofacial cleft defect births in Harris County, Texas, 1990 to 1994, and historical evidence for the presence of low-level radioactivity in tap waterIrina Cech
University of Texas at Houston, Health Science Center, School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
South Med J 100:560-9. 2007..While both ionizing and nonionizing radiation are known to impair human reproductive capacity, the role of low-level domestic radiation continues to be an unsettled issue...
- Factors contributing to elevated indoor radon in the Paso Del Norte region of the Texas-Mexico border: information for physiciansIrina Cech
Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences and Division of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA
South Med J 102:701-6. 2009..We collected sample data on radon concentrations concurrently in the air, water, and soil in the northern part of the Texas-Mexico border (both sides) popularly known as Paso Del Norte...
- Serological differences in folate/vitamin B12 in pregnancies affected by neural tube defectsIrina Cech
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
South Med J 103:419-24. 2010..Laboratory evidence is presented of significant associations between reduced maternal serum folate and vitamin B12 levels and neural tube birth defects (NTD) compared to referents...
- Annual pattern of human conception in the State of TexasKavita D Chandwani
School of Public Health, University of Texas Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Chronobiol Int 21:73-93. 2004..The amplitude of the annual pattern in conceptions varied directly with gestational age and inversely with birth weight class...
- Association of type 2 diabetes mellitus and seroprevalence for cytomegalovirusBertram W Roberts
School of Public Health, University of Texas, Houston, TX, USA
South Med J 98:686-92. 2005..We examined the seroprevalence of selected viruses in a group of predominantly Hispanic patients with type 2 diabetes and control subjects without diabetes...