Carolyn Spence Cagle
Affiliation: Texas Christian University
- Mid-life African-American women with type 2 diabetes: influence on work and the multicaregiver roleCarolyn S Cagle
Harris School of Nursing, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas 6129, USA
Ethn Dis 12:555-66. 2002..Therefore, the purpose of this study was to explore the perceptions of work and the multicaregiver role of a group of such women to more clearly identify the influence of these factors on diabetic self-management and personal coping...
- Student understanding of culturally and ethically responsive care: implications for nursing curriculaCarolyn Spence Cagle
Harris School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 27:308-14. 2006..Ideas for nurse educators who desire increased student responsiveness and accountability for meeting the cultural and ethical needs of clients are offered...
- Blending voices of Mexican American cancer caregivers and healthcare providers to improve careCarolyn Spence Cagle
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 36:555-62. 2009..To identify and categorize healthcare provider perceptions of the meaning of cancer to Mexican American female family caregivers, including comparisons to caregiver themes in previous research...
- Perceived mood, health, and burden in female Mexican American family cancer caregiversJo Nell Wells
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Health Care Women Int 30:629-54. 2009..We report quantitative data on study variables and make comparisons with caregiver qualitative reports. Implications for health planning, service delivery, and future research with underserved, minority female caregivers are presented...
- Preparation and participation of undergraduate students to inform culturally sensitive researchJo Nell Wells
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX 76129, USA
Nurse Educ Today 29:505-9. 2009..Guidelines discussed support the potential for making the undergraduate RA role a useful and unique learning experience...
- Voices of Mexican American caregivers for family members with cancer: on becoming strongerJo Nell Wells
Texas Christian University, Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Fort Worth, TX 76129, USA
J Transcult Nurs 19:223-33. 2008....
- Healthcare literacyCarolyn Spence Cagle
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth
Clin J Oncol Nurs 14:40. 2010..Bilingual clinic personnel who partner with Mexican American family caregivers to address their literacy issues support positive health outcomes in this vulnerable population...
- "They care but don't understand": family support of African American women with type 2 diabetesLori Carter-Edwards
Shaw University, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, 900 S Wilmington, Street, Suite 220, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
Diabetes Educ 30:493-501. 2004..This study evaluated the relationship between perceived social support among African American women with type 2 diabetes and diabetes self-management...
- Building on Mexican-American cultural valuesJo Nell Wells
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Texas Christian University, Ft. Worth, USA
Nursing 36:20-1. 2006