Henry Shelton Brown
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- The price of access: capitalization of neighborhood contextual factorsHenry Shelton Brown
UTHealth School of Public Health, Austin Regional Campus Michael and Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, Austin, TX, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:95. 2013..This study examines the associations of better neighborhood context with neighborhood housing values...
- The cost-effectiveness of a school-based smoking prevention program in IndiaH Shelton Brown
University of Texas School of Public Health, University of Texas Administration Building UTA and Michael and Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living, 1616 Guadalupe Street, Suite 6 300, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Health Promot Int 28:178-86. 2013..To put the cost-effectiveness of this smoking prevention program into context, it is over 24 times more cost-effective than dialysis in the USA, which costs $50,000 for a life-year...
- Crime rates and sedentary behavior among 4th grade Texas school childrenH Shelton Brown
Michael and Susan Dell Center for Advancement of Healthy Living, Division of Management, Policy and Community Health, University of Texas School of Public Health, 313 E, 12th Street, Suite 220, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 5:28. 2008..We determined whether indoor sedentary behavior patterns are associated with community crime statistics. 4th graders in the U.S. are typically 9 or 10 years old...
- International competition and the demand for health insurance in the US: evidence from the Texas-Mexico border regionH Shelton Brown
Division of Management, Policy and Community Health, School of Public Health, Michael and Susan Dell Center for Advancement of Healthy Living, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Int J Health Care Finance Econ 9:25-38. 2009..The instruments are dental care utilization in Mexico and a variable measuring frequently visiting Mexico. The results show that competition from Mexico lowers the demand for health insurance coverage in the US side of the border...
- Do Mexican immigrants substitute health care in Mexico for health insurance in the United States? The role of distanceHenry Shelton Brown
Department of Management Policy and Community Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Soc Sci Med 67:2036-42. 2008..Distance within Mexico is quite important, indicating that immigrants from the South of Mexico are more likely to seek care in their communities of origin (hometowns)...
- Observable weight distributions and children's individual weight assessmentH Shelton Brown
Michael and Susan Dell Center for Advancement of Healthy Living, University of Texas School of Public Health, Austin, Texas, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:202-5. 2010..These data suggest that observable weight distributions play a key role in the obesity epidemic...
- Differences in food consumption and meal patterns in Texas school children by gradeAdriana Perez
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Division of Biostatistics, 80 Fort Brown, SPH RAHC North 200, Brownsville, TX 78520, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A23. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine differences in food choices between 4th-, 8th-, and 11th-grade students. The results provide information that can be used to tailor behavioral-based nutritional programs for children...