Genomes and Genes
Debra E Bramblett
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- BHLHB4 is a bHLH transcriptional regulator in pancreas and brain that marks the dimesencephalic boundaryDebra E Bramblett
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genomics 79:402-12. 2002..Together, these data suggest that BHLHB4 may modulate the expression of genes required for the differentiation and/or maintenance of pancreatic and neuronal cell types...
- The transcription factor Bhlhb4 is required for rod bipolar cell maturationDebra E Bramblett
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuron 43:779-93. 2004..Other retinal cell populations including photoreceptors were unaltered. The timing of RB cell depletion in the Bhlhb4(-/-) mouse suggests that Bhlhb4 is essential for RB cell maturation...
- Direct rod input to cone BCs and direct cone input to rod BCs challenge the traditional view of mammalian BC circuitryJi Jie Pang
Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:395-400. 2010..This is grounds for revising the mammalian rod/cone bipolar cell dogma...
- Genetic dissection of rod and cone pathways in the dark-adapted mouse retinaMuhammad M Abd-El-Barr
Department of Ophthalmology, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, NC 205, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Neurophysiol 102:1945-55. 2009....
- A role for bHLH transcription factors in retinal degeneration and dysfunctionMark E Pennesi
Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 572:155-61. 2006
- Relative contributions of rod and cone bipolar cell inputs to AII amacrine cell light responses in the mouse retinaJi Jie Pang
Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Physiol 580:397-410. 2007..92), consistent with the linear junctional conductance found in retinal electrical synapses. Moreover, relative DBC(R) and DBC(C) contributions to the AIIAC response at various light intensity levels are determined...