Julie A Boom
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Improvement in provider immunization knowledge and behaviors following a peer education interventionJulie A Boom
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 46:706-17. 2007..40, P < .05), small practices (0.64, P < .01), Vaccines for Children (VFC) practices (0.74, P < .05), and non-VFC provider practices (0.67, P < .01) but not for family or large practices...
- Symptomatic infection and detection of vaccine and vaccine-reassortant rotavirus strains in 5 children: a case seriesJulie A Boom
Center for Vaccine Awareness and Research, Texas Children s Hospital, TX, USA
J Infect Dis 206:1275-9. 2012..Continued monitoring is necessary to assess the role of vaccine strains and vaccine-reassortant strains in pediatric rotavirus infections...
- Immunization information system opt-in consent: at what cost?Julie A Boom
Immunization Project, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:E18-25. 2010..Changing to an opt-out system could redirect limited healthcare funding to more critical areas such as vaccine purchasing and administration...
- Investigation of obstacles to accessing information regarding private medical insurance coverage and physician reimbursement for adolescent vaccinationJulie A Boom
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Adolesc Health 44:298-301. 2009..To investigate accessing insurance company vaccine reimbursement and coverage information...
- Use of an immunization information system to assess the effectiveness of pentavalent rotavirus vaccine in US childrenLeila C Sahni
Center for Vaccine Awareness and Research, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Vaccine 28:6314-7. 2010..Controls identified through the IIS provided VE estimates similar to hospital control patients. IISs could represent a valuable source of data for effectiveness evaluations...
- Telling stories of vaccine-preventable diseases: why it worksRachel M Cunningham
Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, USA
S D Med . 2013..We have found that the stories included in our booklet capture all the benefits of storytelling. Given the many benefits of storytelling, providers should strive to include stories along with medical facts in their daily practice...
- The success of an immunization information system in the wake of Hurricane KatrinaJulie A Boom
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, 6621 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 119:1213-7. 2007....