Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- PAT proteins, an ancient family of lipid droplet proteins that regulate cellular lipid storesPerry E Bickel
Center for Diabetes and Obesity Research, Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1791:419-40. 2009..In this review, we discuss how the PAT proteins regulate cellular lipid metabolism both in mammals and in model organisms...
- The PAT family of lipid droplet proteins in heart and vascular cellsAntoni Paul
Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 10:461-6. 2008....
- Lipid droplets in lipogenesis and lipolysisNicole A Ducharme
Center for Diabetes and Obesity Research, Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine, 1825 Pressler Street, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Endocrinology 149:942-9. 2008..Future discovery likely will be driven by the exploitation of model organisms and by human genetic studies...
- FLOTILLINS AND INSULIN-STIMULATED GLUCOSE TRANSPORTPerry Bickel; Fiscal Year: 2006..Completion of these aims should yield testable hypotheses about the role of flotillin-1 in human health and disease and in the pathophysiology of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Trafficking of Triacylglycerol in AdipocytesPerry Bickel; Fiscal Year: 2006..By these studies, fundamental mechanisms of intracellular lipid trafficking should be revealed. ..