Bijal A Balasubramanian
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Black Medicaid beneficiaries experience breast cancer treatment delays more frequently than whitesBijal A Balasubramanian
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Sciences, University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas, TX 75390 9128, USA
Ethn Dis 22:288-94. 2012..We, therefore, examined racial differences in treatment delays for early breast cancer in a similarly insured population of Medicaid beneficiaries...
- Family history of chronic disease and meeting public health guidelines for physical activity: the cooper center longitudinal studyKerem Shuval
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 88:588-92. 2013..Thus, targeted programs encouraging adoption and maintenance of health-promoting physical activity might be warranted, specifically targeting individuals with familial history of disease...
- Racial differences in the treatment of colorectal cancer: a comparison of surgical and radiation therapy between Whites and BlacksKitaw Demissie
Division of Epidemiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Public Health, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Ann Epidemiol 14:215-21. 2004..To evaluate black to white differences in treatment for colorectal cancer...
- Polyps with advanced neoplasia are smaller in the right than in the left colon: implications for colorectal cancer screeningSamir Gupta
Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 10:1395-1401.e2. 2012..We explored this postulate by evaluating the relationship among size, location, and histology of polyps from a large nationwide sample...
- Operative vaginal delivery and neonatal and infant adverse outcomes: population based retrospective analysisKitaw Demissie
Division of Epidemiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Public Health, 683 Hoes Lane West, PO Box 9, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
BMJ 329:24-9. 2004..To compare the risk of neonatal and infant adverse outcomes between vacuum and forceps assisted deliveries...
- Using Learning Teams for Reflective Adaptation (ULTRA): insights from a team-based change management strategy in primary careBijal A Balasubramanian
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics, and Environmental Science, University of Texas School of Public, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Ann Fam Med 8:425-32. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine qualitative data from 25 intervention practices to understand how they engaged in a team-based collaborative change management strategy and the types of issues they addressed...
- Cardiorespiratory fitness, alcohol intake, and metabolic syndrome incidence in menKerem Shuval
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:2125-31. 2012..The objective of this study is to prospectively examine the independent and joint effects of alcohol consumption and cardiorespiratory fitness on the incidence of metabolic syndrome (MetS) in a cohort of men...
- Community Diabetes Education (CoDE) for uninsured Mexican Americans: a randomized controlled trial of a culturally tailored diabetes education and management program led by a community health workerElizabeth A Prezio
University of Texas School of Public Health, 6011 Harry Hines Blvd, Suite V8 112, Dallas, TX 75390, United States
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 100:19-28. 2013....