Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Transient ovarian failure: a complication of uterine artery embolizationP Amato
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, La Jolla, California, USA
Fertil Steril 75:438-9. 2001..To report a case of transient ovarian failure shortly after arterial embolization for treatment of uterine fibroids, followed by recovery of ovarian function...
- Estrogenic activity of herbs commonly used as remedies for menopausal symptomsPaula Amato
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Menopause 9:145-50. 2002..In this study, we investigate the estrogenic activity of four selected herbs commonly used in menopause, namely dong quai, ginseng, black cohosh, and licorice root...
- Review of alternative therapies for treatment of menopausal symptomsP Amato
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Climacteric 6:278-84. 2003..Women who do not wish to take hormone therapy to treat menopausal symptoms should be encouraged to consider using selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and other conventional therapeutic options...
- Clusterin protects granulosa cells from apoptotic cell death during follicular atresiaI Zwain
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093 0633, USA
Exp Cell Res 257:101-10. 2000..These findings indicate that depletion of clusterin can lead to the programmed cell death in ovary, suggesting a functional role for this protein in follicular atresia...
- cAMP-induced apoptosis in granulosa cells is associated with up-regulation of P53 and bax and down-regulation of clusterinI H Zwain
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093 0633, USA
Endocr Res 27:233-49. 2001..The data of the present study provide a basis for future studies to elucidate the molecular mechanism of follicular atresia and regulation of apoptotic cell death in ovarian follicles...
- Progesterone induction of calcitonin expression in the murine mammary glandP M Ismail
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Endocrinol 180:287-95. 2004....
- A role for hypothalamic astrocytes in dehydroepiandrosterone and estradiol regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) release by GnRH neuronsIsmail H Zwain
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Neuroendocrinology 75:375-83. 2002..These data provide evidence for a novel mechanism by which circulating steroids and/or neurosteroids may modulate GnRH secretion...
- Progesterone involvement in breast development and tumorigenesis--as revealed by progesterone receptor "knockout" and "knockin" mouse modelsPreeti M Ismail
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Steroids 68:779-87. 2003....