Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Texas Medical Center
- Extra domain A and type III connecting segment of fibronectin in assembly and cleavageYasunori Abe
Section of Atherosclerosis and Lipoprotein Research, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:1640-7. 2005....
- Isolation, characterization, and functional assessment of oxidatively modified subfractions of circulating low-density lipoproteinsChao Yuh Yang
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin, MS A 601, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1083-90. 2003..The present study describes a method using ion-exchange chromatography that is capable of large-scale subfractionation of LDL for adequate analyses of composition or bioactivities...
- L5, the most electronegative subfraction of plasma LDL, induces endothelial vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 and CXC chemokines, which mediate mononuclear leukocyte adhesionYasunori Abe
Section of Atherosclerosis and Lipoprotein Research, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin, A679B, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Atherosclerosis 192:56-66. 2007....
- Novel plasma-separation dilayer gellan-gellan-sulfate adsorber for direct removal of extra domain A containing fibronectin from the blood of rheumatoid arthritis patientsKeiichi Miyamoto
Department of Chemistry for Materials, Faculty of Engineering, Mie University, 1515 Kamihama Chou, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Int J Biol Macromol 30:197-204. 2002..The coating effectively inhibits the adsorption of white blood cells and platelets. Existing problems with direct adsorbers, including selectivity and plasma separation, have been solved by this material...
- Tissue factor messenger RNA levels in leukocytes compared with tissue factor antigens in plasma from patients in hypercoagulable state caused by various diseasesTomohiro Sase
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Thromb Haemost 92:132-9. 2004..Our analysis suggests that TF expression in leukocytes plays an important role in various diseases but the expression level does not always correlate with plasma levels of TF antigen...
- Effects of atorvastatin on serum lipids, lipoproteins, and hemostasisFumihiko Kushiya
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu City, Japan
Am J Hematol 78:1-6. 2005..Based on its actions of lowering modified LDL and improving hemostatic abnormalities, we postulate that atorvastatin might inhibit the onset of ischemic diseases...