Y Richard Wang
Affiliation: Temple University
- Trends and outcomes of hospitalizations for peptic ulcer disease in the United States, 1993 to 2006Y Richard Wang
Department of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Ann Surg 251:51-8. 2010..The purpose of this study was to quantify the time trends of hospitalizations and operations for PUD in the United States (US) since 1993...
- Outpatient hypertension treatment, treatment intensification, and control in Western Europe and the United StatesY Richard Wang
Department of Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelpia, PA 19140, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:141-7. 2007..Hypertension guidelines in the United States tend to have more aggressive treatment recommendations than those in European countries...
- Lack of effect of guideline changes on hypertension control for patients with diabetes in the U.S., 1995-2005Y Richard Wang
Department of Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Diabetes Care 30:49-52. 2007..S. using patients without diabetes as the control group for the time trend...
- Trends of Heller myotomy hospitalizations for achalasia in the United States, 1993-2005: effect of surgery volume on perioperative outcomesY Richard Wang
Department of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:2454-64. 2008..We aimed to study the trends of Heller myotomy and the relationship between surgery volume and perioperative outcomes...
- Symptoms of gastroparesis: use of the gastroparesis cardinal symptom index in symptomatic patients referred for gastric emptying scintigraphyDaniel W Cassilly
Gastrointestinal Section, Department of Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Digestion 78:144-51. 2008..The aim of this study was to correlate symptoms using the GCSI with delayed gastric emptying (DGE) in symptomatic patients referred for gastric emptying scintigraphy (GES)...
- High- versus low-dose angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor therapy in the treatment of heart failure: an economic analysis of the Assessment of Treatment with Lisinopril and Survival (ATLAS) trialJ Sanford Schwartz
Department of Medicine, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, Wharton School, Center for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Manag Care 9:417-24. 2003..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors reduce heart failure death and hospitalization. Prescribed doses often are lower than randomized clinical trial (RCT) targets and practice guideline recommendations...
- The impact of price regulation on the launch delay of new drugs--evidence from twenty-five major markets in the 1990sPatricia M Danzon
Health Care Systems Department, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104 6218, USA
Health Econ 14:269-92. 2005..Controlling for expected price and volume, country effects for the likely parallel export countries are significantly negative...
- Price competition in the Chinese pharmaceutical market
Public Policy Department, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals 1800 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE, 19850 5437, USA
Int J Health Care Finance Econ 6:119-29. 2006..Policy changes that encourage bioequivalent local products and accelerate global product approvals will enhance price competition in China...
- The prevalence of diagnosed cutaneous manifestations during ambulatory diabetes visits in the United States, 1998-2002
Public Policy Department, Astra Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, Del 19850 5437, USA
Dermatology 212:229-34. 2006..The prevalence of diabetes has been rapidly increasing. Previous reports indicated that diabetics are prone to certain cutaneous diseases...
- The quantity and quality of worldwide new drug introductions, 1982-2003Henry G Grabowski
Department of Economics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:452-60. 2006..S. firms overtook their European counterparts in innovative performance or the introduction of first-in-class, biotech, and orphan products. The United States also became the leading market for first launch...
- Screening and treatment of hypercholesterolemia for prevention of coronary heart diseaseY Richard Wang
Public Policy Department, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, Delaware 19850, USA
Manag Care Interface 19:25-9. 2006..Drug therapy recommendation also decreasedwith greater NCEP risk. Despite improvements, underscreening and undertreatment of hypercholesterolemia persists in outpatient visits...
- Difference in the use of preventive services between fee-for-service plans and HMOs: is more better?Y Richard Wang
Public Policy Department, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, Del 19850 5437, USA
Am J Manag Care 9:293-301. 2003....