Affiliation: Temple University
- Caregivers' satisfaction with pediatric dental care in a university clinical setting in North PhiladelphiaMarisol Tellez
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Community Oral Health Sciences, Maurice H Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, 3223 N Broad Street, Room 307, Philadelphia, PA 19140
J Dent Educ 77:1515-20. 2013..Operational aspects related to access and motivational aspects such as fear of pain when seeking dental treatment were identified as barriers to treatment. ..
- Caries risk profiles using cariogram are predictive of caries incidence in permanent dentitionMarisol Tellez
Associate Professor, Pediatric Dentistry and Community Oral Health Sciences, Maurice H Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, USA, Tel 1 215 707 1773 Electronic address
J Evid Based Dent Pract 13:58-9. 2013..Cariogram validity in schoolchildren: a two-year follow-up study. Campus G, Cagetti MG, Sale S, Carta G, Lingstrom P. Caries Res 2012;46(1):16-22...
- Dental fluorosis, dental caries, and quality of life factors among schoolchildren in a Colombian fluorotic areaM Tellez
Maurice H Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Community Dent Health 29:95-9. 2012..To assess dental fluorosis, dental caries and quality of life factors associated with dental fluorosis among schoolchildren living in a Colombian endemic dental fluorosis area...
- Sealants and dental caries: dentists' perspectives on evidence-based recommendationsMarisol Tellez
Dental Public Health Sciences, Maurice H Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 142:1033-40. 2011..The authors conducted a study to survey the perspectives of dentists regarding the 2010 American Dental Association (ADA) recommendation to seal non-cavitated carious lesions (NCCLs) in children and young adults...
- A critical review of approaches to the treatment of dental anxiety in adultsDina Gordon
Adult Anxiety Clinic, Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
J Anxiety Disord 27:365-78. 2013..Other interventions require further study in randomized trials before conclusions about their efficacy are warranted. Limitations of the extant outcome research and implications for future treatment and research are discussed. ..
- A marketing campaign to promote screening for oral cancerAmid I Ismail
Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, 3223 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 143:e57-66. 2012..The authors present data about the effectiveness of the campaign with regard to the screening behaviors of medical and dental providers...
- Caries management pathways preserve dental tissues and promote oral healthAmid I Ismail
Korenberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 41:e12-40. 2013..A new mission has been defined and it is time for all oral health professionals to focus on the promotion of oral health and preservation of sound teeth rather than counting the number of surgical restorative procedures provided. ..