Ellen M Tedaldi
Affiliation: Temple University
- Emerging therapies for hepatitis C and HIV in drug abusers: drugs and strategiesEllen M Tedaldi
Temple Comprehensive HIV Program, Temple University Hospital, 1316 West Ontario Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Addict Dis 27:83-91. 2008..The new treatment choices in HIV will need to ensure effective and durable viral suppression especially against highly resistant virus strains, regimen tolerability and improved toxicity...
- Sadness in the SUN: using computerized screening to analyze correlates of depression and adherence in HIV-infected adults in the United StatesEllen M Tedaldi
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:718-29. 2012..Self-administered computerized standardized screening tools can identify at-risk individuals with depression who may benefit from interventions to improve antiretroviral adherence...
- Ethnicity, race, and gender. Differences in serious adverse events among participants in an antiretroviral initiation trial: results of CPCRA 058 (FIRST Study)Ellen M Tedaldi
Temple Comprehensive HIV Program, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:441-8. 2008..Differences in adverse events by gender and race/ethnicity have not been described extensively in randomized clinical trials of HIV antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Increased body mass index does not alter response to initial highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1-infected patientsEllen M Tedaldi
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:35-41. 2006....
- New drug targets for HIV and hepatitis C virus coinfectionEllen M Tedaldi
Comprehensive HIV Program, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:S101-4. 2005..Strategic treatment trials that address sequencing of HCV and HIV therapy with current and future therapeutic agents and combination therapy need to be undertaken...
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination practices for ambulatory patients infected with HIVEllen M Tedaldi
General Internal Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:1478-84. 2004....
- Prevalence and characteristics of hepatitis C virus coinfection in a human immunodeficiency virus clinical trials group: the Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDSEllen M Tedaldi
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:1313-7. 2003..The prevalence of HCV coinfection in a diverse HIV clinical trials cohort provides additional information about risk behaviors and demographic factors that can be used in the analysis of clinical and virologic outcomes...
- Influence of coinfection with hepatitis C virus on morbidity and mortality due to human immunodeficiency virus infection in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapyEllen M Tedaldi
Temple University Hospital, Section of General Internal Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:363-7. 2003..HAART use was a strong predictor of increased duration of survival, suggesting that treatment is more important to survival than is HCV coinfection status...
- CD163/CD16 coexpression by circulating monocytes/macrophages in HIV: potential biomarkers for HIV infection and AIDS progressionTracy Fischer-Smith
Department of Neuroscience, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:417-21. 2008..CD163(+)/CD16(+) monocytes may be a useful biomarker for HIV-1 infection and AIDS progression and a possible target for therapeutic intervention...
- Grade 4 events are as important as AIDS events in the era of HAARTRonald B Reisler
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 34:379-86. 2003....
- Rates of hospitalizations and associated diagnoses in a large multisite cohort of HIV patients in the United States, 1994-2005Kate Buchacz
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS 22:1345-54. 2008..To assess temporal trends in the rates of hospitalizations and associated diagnoses among HIV-infected patients before and during the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Episodic antiretroviral therapy increases HIV transmission risk compared with continuous therapy: results of a randomized controlled trialWilliam Burman
Denver Public Health, 605 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:142-50. 2008..To compare the HIV transmission risk among patients randomized to episodic versus continuous antiretroviral therapy...
- Incidence of types of cancer among HIV-infected persons compared with the general population in the United States, 1992-2003Pragna Patel
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emory University, and Northrop Grumman Information Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:728-36. 2008..Persons who are HIV-infected may be at higher risk for certain types of cancer than the general population...