Genomes and Genes
Duncan B Johnstone
Affiliation: Temple University
- APOL1 null alleles from a rural village in India do not correlate with glomerulosclerosisDuncan B Johnstone
Renal Electrolyte and Hypertension Division, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e51546. 2012..However, there is a homozygous APOL1 null human being who lives in a village in rural India. This individual and his family offer a unique opportunity to test causality between APOL1 null alleles and glomerulosclerosis...
- Background strain and the differential susceptibility of podocyte-specific deletion of Myh9 on murine models of experimental glomerulosclerosis and HIV nephropathyDuncan B Johnstone
Division of Nephrology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e67839. 2013..In addition, based on the lack of a spontaneous phenotype of glomerulosclerosis in both C57BL/6 and FVB/N mice, we propose that Myh9 is not absolutely required in adult podocytes. ..
- Crk1/2-dependent signaling is necessary for podocyte foot process spreading in mouse models of glomerular diseaseBritta George
Renal Electrolyte and Hypertension Division, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 122:674-92. 2012..Together, these observations suggest that activation of a Cas-Crk1/2-dependent complex is necessary for foot process effacement observed in distinct subsets of human glomerular diseases...
- Podocyte-specific deletion of Myh9 encoding nonmuscle myosin heavy chain 2A predisposes mice to glomerulopathyDuncan B Johnstone
Renal, Electrolyte and Hypertension Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 380 South University Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4539, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:2162-70. 2011....
- Neph1 cooperates with nephrin to transduce a signal that induces actin polymerizationPuneet Garg
University of Michigan Medical School, Division of Nephrology, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5676, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:8698-712. 2007....