Bradley N Collins
Affiliation: Temple University
- Adolescent environmental tobacco smoke exposure predicts academic achievement test failureBradley N Collins
Health Behavior Research Clinic, Department of Public Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Adolesc Health 41:363-70. 2007..g., environmental tobacco smoke [ETS]). We hypothesized that prenatal tobacco exposure would decrease the likelihood of passing academic achievement tests taken at 16 and 18 years of age...
- Pediatricians' practices and attitudes about environmental tobacco smoke and parental smokingBradley N Collins
Health Behavior Research Clinic, Department of Public Health, Temple University, Pennsylania 19122, USA
J Pediatr 150:547-52. 2007..To assess pediatric resident and preceptor environmental tobacco smoke (ETS)-reduction practices and attitudes to inform the development of resident tobacco intervention training...
- Longer previous smoking abstinence relates to successful breastfeeding initiation among underserved smokersBradley N Collins
Department of Public Health, Temple University, 1301 Cecil B Moore Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Breastfeed Med 6:385-91. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine sociodemographic and behavioral factors related to successful breastfeeding initiation among medically underserved maternal smokers-a population with persistently low rates of initiation...
- Effect of bupropion on depression symptoms in a smoking cessation clinical trialCaryn Lerman
Department of Psychiatry, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 18:362-6. 2004....
- Associations among breastfeeding, smoking relapse, and prenatal factors in a brief postpartum smoking interventionKatherine Isselmann DiSantis
Health Behavior Research Clinic, Department of Public Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:582-6. 2010..Earlier prenatal care initiation was associated with smoking abstinences at one month postpartum (chi(2) = 4.87, p <or= 0.05). Early prenatal care and breastfeeding is associated with postpartum smoking abstinence...
- Smoking cue reactivity across massed extinction trials: negative affect and gender effectsBradley N Collins
Temple University, Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Addict Behav 36:308-14. 2011..Results could guide future cue reactivity research and exposure interventions for nicotine dependence...
- Pediatric otolaryngologists' actions regarding secondhand smoke exposure: pilot data suggest an opportunity to enhance tobacco interventionDarryl T Mueller
Health Behavior Research Center, Department of Public Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:348-52. 2008..To assess pediatric otolaryngologists' training, actions, and attitudes with respect to patients exposed to secondhand smoke...
- Smoking-related weight concerns among underserved, black maternal smokersBradley N Collins
Department of Public Health and Pediatrics, Health Behavior Research Center, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Am J Health Behav 33:699-709. 2009..To expand understanding of a smoking cessation barrier for women, weight concerns, in a medically underserved population...
- Spontaneous smoking cessation before lung cancer diagnosisBarbara G Campling
Department of Medicine, Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:517-24. 2011..This led us to speculate that spontaneous smoking cessation may be a presenting symptom of lung cancer...
- Comparing intervention strategies among rural, low SES, young adult tobacco usersDavid A Zanis
School of Social Work, Temple University, Harrisburg, PA 17101, USA
Am J Health Behav 35:240-7. 2011..To evaluate 3-month tobacco quit rates of young adult tobacco users randomized to 2 intervention conditions...
- Association between anxiety and smoking in a sample of urban black menBradley N Collins
Health Behavior Research Center, Department of Public Health, Temple University, 1701 N 13th St TuZIP 265 61, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 11:29-34. 2009..Anxiety and smoking associations have been examined previously, but not in high risk populations of smokers, such as black males, who bear an excess burden of smoking-related illnesses...
- Gender differences in smoking cessation in a placebo-controlled trial of bupropion with behavioral counselingBradley N Collins
University of Pennsylvania, Tabacco Research Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 6:27-37. 2004..These results suggest that bupropion treatment may reduce the gender disparity in prolonged abstinence rates among lighter smokers...
- Do infants fed directly from the breast have improved appetite regulation and slower growth during early childhood compared with infants fed from a bottle?Katherine I Disantis
University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:89. 2011....