Sarah Bauerle Bass
Affiliation: Temple University
- Developing a computer touch-screen interactive colorectal screening decision aid for a low-literacy African American population: lessons learnedSarah Bauerle Bass
Department of Public Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:589-98. 2013..Results confirm the importance of including participants in planning and that the use of these innovative mapping and message design methods can lead to significant CRC screening attitude change...
- Relationship of Internet health information use with patient behavior and self-efficacy: experiences of newly diagnosed cancer patients who contact the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Information ServiceSarah Bauerle Bass
Temple University Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Health Commun 11:219-36. 2006..The results of this study show that patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer perceive the Internet as a powerful tool, both for acquiring information and for enhancing confidence to make informed decisions...
- Preparedness for a smallpox outbreak: comparing metrics for assessing levels of vaccination among health-care workers by stateS B Bass
Temple University, Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Epidemiol Infect 135:622-33. 2007..These results underscore the need to critically examine how to define an appropriate level of preparedness for a smallpox outbreak...
- Who will keep the public healthy? The case for undergraduate public health education: a review of three programsSarah Bauerle Bass
Department of Public Health, College of Health Professions, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:6-14. 2008....
- Mapping perceptions related to acceptance of smallpox vaccination by hospital emergency room personnelSarah Bauerle Bass
Department of Public Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 6:179-90. 2008..Such communications are important to prepare for a smallpox event or other uncertain outbreak, where it is essential to rapidly vaccinate a critical mass of healthcare workers...
- Perceptions of colorectal cancer screening in urban African American clinic patients: differences by gender and screening statusSarah Bauerle Bass
Department of Public Health, Temple University, Room 927, 1301 Cecil B Moore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:121-8. 2011....
- How will Internet Use Affect the Patient? A Review of Computer Network and Closed Internet-based System Studies and the Implications in Understanding How the Use of the Internet Affects Patient PopulationsSarah Bauerle Bass
Temple University, USA
J Health Psychol 8:25-38. 2003..These studies provide a microcosm of the effects Internet use may have on a patient's health-related behaviors. Three areas of proposed research will be explored: content research; process research; and outcomes research...
- If you ask them, will they come? Predictors of quarantine compliance during a hypothetical avian influenza pandemic: results from a statewide surveySarah Bauerle Bass
Department of Public Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 4:135-44. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate factors that influence an individual's decision to comply with a hypothetical avian influenza quarantine order...