Elizabeth Tan Chiu
- Effects of tamoxifen on benign breast disease in women at high risk for breast cancerElizabeth Tan-Chiu
Cancer Research Network, 350 84th Avenue, Suite 305, Plantation, FL 33324, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:302-7. 2003..We examined the effect of tamoxifen treatment on the incidence of benign breast disease and the number of breast biopsies in the same group of women...
- Moving forward: Herceptin in the adjuvant settingElizabeth Tan-Chiu
Cancer Research Network Inc, 350 NW 84th Avenue, Suite 305, Plantation, FL 33324, USA
Oncology 63:57-63. 2002..The breadth of the ongoing Herceptin adjuvant trials will potentially allow the optimal treatment approach to be identified...
- Response to fulvestrant in heavily pretreated postmenopausal women: a single-center experienceSandra Franco
Cancer Research Network, Florida, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 88:103-8. 2004..The use of fulvestrant earlier in the sequence of endocrine treatments may achieve better responses than observed in this heavily pretreated patient population...
- Lower-category benign breast disease and the risk of invasive breast cancerJiping Wang
Biostatistical Center, National Surgical Breast and Bowel Project and Department of Biostatistics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:616-20. 2004..This report evaluates the risk of breast cancer associated with this lower-category BBD (LC-BBD)...
- Real-world performance of HER2 testing--National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project experienceSoonmyung Paik
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project NSABP Operation Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:852-4. 2002..This report provides a snapshot of the quality of HER2 assays performed in laboratories nationwide...
- Zoledronic acid inhibits adjuvant letrozole-induced bone loss in postmenopausal women with early breast cancerAdam Brufsky
Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15123, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:829-36. 2007..The addition of zoledronic acid to adjuvant letrozole therapy may protect against bone loss...
- Prognosis after ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence and locoregional recurrences in five National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project node-positive adjuvant breast cancer trialsIrene L Wapnir
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Operations Office and Biostatistical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2028-37. 2006..Locoregional failure after breast-conserving surgery is associated with increased risk of distant disease and death. The magnitude of this risk in patients receiving chemotherapy has not been adequately characterized...
- Assessment of cardiac dysfunction in a randomized trial comparing doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel, with or without trastuzumab as adjuvant therapy in node-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast canElizabeth Tan-Chiu
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project NSABP, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7811-9. 2005..Trastuzumab is effective in treating human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -positive breast cancer, but it increases frequency of cardiac dysfunction (CD) when used with or after anthracyclines...
- Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breast cancerEdward H Romond
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1673-84. 2005..We present the combined results of two trials that compared adjuvant chemotherapy with or without concurrent trastuzumab in women with surgically removed HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Trastuzumab plus chemotherapy: convincing survival benefit or not?Charles L Vogel
J Clin Oncol 23:4247-50. 2005
- Reversibility of trastuzumab cardiotoxicity: is the concept alive and well?Michael S Ewer
J Clin Oncol 25:5532-3; author reply 5533-4. 2007