Affiliation: Takeda Global Research and Development Center
- Efficacy and safety of pioglitazone/metformin fixed-dose combination therapy compared with pioglitazone and metformin monotherapy in treating patients with T2DMAlfonso Perez
Takeda Global Research and Development Center, Inc, Lake Forest, IL, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2915-23. 2009..Studies have shown that many patients with type 2 diabetes do not achieve optimal glycemic control, and progression of diabetes over time requires more than one pharmacotherapy to achieve glycemic goal...
- Effects of pioglitazone and metformin fixed-dose combination therapy on cardiovascular risk markers of inflammation and lipid profile compared with pioglitazone and metformin monotherapy in patients with type 2 diabetesAlfonso Perez
Takeda Global Research and Development Center, Inc, Deerfield, IL, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 12:973-82. 2010..0001 vs metformin). Overall, adverse events were not higher with the FDC. Thus, treatment with the FDC resulted in improved levels of CV biomarkers, which were better than or equal to monotherapy...
- Pioglitazone plus a sulphonylurea or metformin is associated with increased lipoprotein particle size in patients with type 2 diabetesAlfonso Perez
Takeda Global Research and Development, Inc, 475 Half Day Road, Suite 500, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, USA
Diab Vasc Dis Res 1:44-50. 2004..To determine the effect of pioglitazone plus metformin or a sulphonylurea on lipoprotein particle size and subclass distribution in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Comparing pioglitazone to insulin with respect to cancer, cardiovascular and bone fracture endpoints, using propensity score weightsCarlos Vallarino
Takeda Global Research and Development Center, Inc, Deerfield, IL 60015, USA
Clin Drug Investig 33:621-31. 2013....
- A comparison of pioglitazone and rosiglitazone for hospitalization for acute myocardial infarction in type 2 diabetesCharles M Gerrits
Department of Global Pharmacoepidemiology, Takeda Global Research and Development, Inc, Deerfield, IL, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1065-71. 2007..Recent studies have raised concerns about potential increased cardiovascular (CV) risk in type 2 diabetes patients treated with some peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR-gamma) agonists...