Dawn E Sugarman
Affiliation: Syracuse University
- The relationship between drinking control strategies and college student alcohol useDawn E Sugarman
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 21:338-45. 2007..The findings from this study suggest that the type of strategy recommended may be important when the goal is alcohol reduction...
- Drink less or drink slower: the effects of instruction on alcohol consumption and drinking control strategy useDawn E Sugarman
Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 23:577-85. 2009..Furthermore, all strategies are not equal in their association with alcohol consumption; if the goal is alcohol reduction, type of strategy recommended may be important...
- Behavioral health interventions being implemented in a VA primary care systemJennifer S Funderburk
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare 116C, 800 Irving Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 18:22-9. 2011..Future research should examine the efficacy of brief interventions in primary care settings...
- Are women at greater risk? An examination of alcohol-related consequences and genderDawn E Sugarman
Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, USA
Am J Addict 18:194-7. 2009..Gender patterns should be explored in a wider set of alcohol-related problems...
- The description and evaluation of the implementation of an integrated healthcare modelJennifer S Funderburk
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse, NY, USA
Fam Syst Health 28:146-60. 2010..Both studies illustrate a useful method for evaluating the practical implementation of integrated health care models...
- It's all fun and games...or is it? Collegiate sporting events and celebratory drinkingDan J Neal
Centerfor Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, USA
J Stud Alcohol 66:291-4. 2005..The goals of the study were to examine the level of alcohol use on these days and to examine factors related to game-day consumption...
- The covariation of multiple risk factors in primary care: a latent class analysisJennifer S Funderburk
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse, NY, USA
J Behav Med 31:525-35. 2008..In addition, this study expands on the literature by identifying specific patterns of covariation among different risk factors that suggest avenues for research and program development...
- What general psychiatrists ask addiction psychiatrists: a review of 381 substance abuse consultations in a psychiatric hospitalShelly F Greenfield
McLean Hospital, Belmont, Mass 02478, USA
Am J Addict 12:18-28. 2003..The findings indicate the potential utility of a substance abuse consultation service in a psychiatric hospital...