Jennifer C Elliott
Affiliation: Syracuse University
- Computer-based interventions for college drinking: a qualitative reviewJennifer C Elliott
Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
Addict Behav 33:994-1005. 2008..In addition, possible moderators (e.g. baseline drinking patterns) and mediators (e.g. corrected drinking norms) have emerged. Limitations and areas for future research are discussed...
- Pros and cons: prospective predictors of marijuana use on a college campusJennifer C Elliott
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 27:230-5. 2013..92-0.95). In a college sample, pros and cons of marijuana use demonstrated stability over one month, and prospectively predicted use. Pros may also have utility in predicting problems and dependence potential on college campuses...
- Does family history of alcohol problems influence college and university drinking or substance use? A meta-analytical reviewJennifer C Elliott
Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Addiction 107:1774-85. 2012..No quantitative summary of this literature has been reported to date. The purpose of this study was to conduct a meta-analysis on the effects of family history on substance use and abuse in college and university students...
- Correcting exaggerated marijuana use norms among college abstainers: a preliminary test of a preventive interventionJennifer C Elliott
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 73:976-80. 2012....
- Development of a decisional balance scale for young adult marijuana useJennifer C Elliott
Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, 430 Huntington Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244 2340, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 25:90-100. 2011..The Marijuana Decisional Balance Scale enhances our ability to study motivational factors associated with marijuana use among young adults...
- Computer-delivered interventions to reduce college student drinking: a meta-analysisKate B Carey
Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, NY 13244 2340, USA
Addiction 104:1807-19. 2009..This meta-analysis evaluates the efficacy of computer-delivered interventions (CDIs) to reduce alcohol use among college students...
- Cognitive refocusing treatment for insomnia: a randomized controlled trial in university studentsLes A Gellis
Department of Pscychology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
Behav Ther 44:100-10. 2013..These findings provide preliminary support for the efficacy of CRT-I for insomnia treatment among college students. Continued study of CRT-I in a community-based sample appears warranted...
- A preliminary evaluation of a web-based intervention for college marijuana useJennifer C Elliott
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University
Psychol Addict Behav 28:288-93. 2014..More research with longer follow-ups is indicated, given the possibility that descriptive norms could mediate behavior change. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2014 APA, all rights reserved). ..