Jill T Jesurum
Affiliation: Swedish Medical Center
- Aspirin's effect on platelet inhibition in migraineursJill T Jesurum
The Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Headache 52:1207-18. 2012..To assess the effect of aspirin on platelet reactivity in migraineurs...
- Diagnosis of secondary source of right-to-left shunt with balloon occlusion of patent foramen ovale and power M-mode transcranial DopplerJill T Jesurum
Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2:561-7. 2009....
- Unilateral versus bilateral middle cerebral artery detection of right-to-left shunt by power M-mode transcranial dopplerJill T Jesurum
Department of Cardiovascular Scientific Development, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98122, USA
J Neuroimaging 19:235-41. 2009..Comparison was performed between unilateral and bilateral power M-mode transcranial Doppler to detect right-to-left circulatory shunt (RLS)...
- Frequency of migraine headache relief following patent foramen ovale "closure" despite residual right-to-left shuntJill T Jesurum
Department of Cardiovascular Scientific Development, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:916-20. 2008..Migraine with aura may be an independent predictor of relief after PFO closure...
- Migraineurs with patent foramen ovale have larger right-to-left shunt despite similar atrial septal characteristicsJill T Jesurum
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Headache Pain 8:209-16. 2007..04; Valsalva, p=0.01). Atrial septal characteristics were similar between groups. Migraine is associated with larger RLS at rest and strain; however migraine status does not predict PFO characteristics...
- Outcomes after transcatheter closure of patent foramen ovale in patients with paradoxical embolismVerna Harms
Cardiovascular Research, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington Seattle University, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:1312-5. 2007..In conclusion, transcatheter patent foramen ovale closure is associated with a low recurrent stroke rate in long-term follow-up...
- Migraine and patent foramen ovale: state of the scienceCindy J Fuller
Department of Cardiovascular Scientific Development, Swedish Medical Center, 500 17th Avenue NE, Suite 303, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 21:471-91. 2009..Finally, evidence-based recommendations are presented for health care providers for managing patients who have migraine and PFO...
- Patent foramen ovale and cerebrovascular diseasesAmish J Desai
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 3:446-55. 2006..In this review we discuss embryologic origins, diagnostic techniques and treatment options for prevention of paradoxical embolism thought to be related to PFO, and the relation of PFO to cryptogenic stroke and migraine...
- Effects of audio relaxation programs for blood pressure reduction in older adultsHsin Yi Jean Tang
901 12th Avenue, P O Box 222000, College of Nursing, Seattle University, Seattle, Washington 98122 1090, USA
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 8:329-36. 2009..Stress management is one element of the lifestyle modification that is recommended for blood pressure control. Reduction in sympathetic arousal may be achieved through a series of audio relaxation training...
- Perfusion augmentation in acute stroke using mechanical counter-pulsation-phase IIa: effect of external counterpulsation on middle cerebral artery mean flow velocity in five healthy subjectsAnne W Alexandrov
Comprehensive Stroke Center, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35249 3280, USA
Stroke 39:2760-4. 2008..We sought to determine ECPs effect on middle cerebral artery (MCA) blood flow augmentation in normal controls as a first step to support future clinical trials in acute stroke...