MARY T ERSEK
Affiliation: Swedish Medical Center
- The cognitive effects of opioidsMary Ersek
Pain Research Department, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Pain Manag Nurs 5:75-93. 2004..Some evidence suggests that opioids may actually enhance cognitive function and decrease delirium in some patient populations. This article describes this research and explores the clinical implications of the research in this area...
- A descriptive study of older adults with persistent pain: use and perceived effectiveness of pain management strategies [ISRCTN11899548]Carol A Kemp
Pain and Palliative Care Research Department, Swedish Medical Center, 500 17th Ave, Providence Professional Building Suite 405, Seattle, WA 98122 5711, USA
BMC Geriatr 5:12. 2005....
- Efficacy of a self-management group intervention for elderly persons with chronic painMary Ersek
Pain Research Department, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Clin J Pain 19:156-67. 2003..To assess the efficacy of a self-management group intervention in improving physical functioning, mood, and pain among elderly persons with chronic pain, and to identify factors that may be associated with improvement...
- HPNA educational resources for nursing assistantsMary Ersek
Pain Research Department, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98117, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 21:498. 2003
- Enhancing end-of-life care in nursing homes: Palliative Care Educational Resource Team (PERT) programMary Ersek
Pain Research Department, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98122 5711, USA
J Palliat Med 8:556-66. 2005..This trend will create challenges for nursing homes to ensure that staff possess the necessary knowledge and skills to care for dying residents...
- Use of the chronic pain coping inventory to assess older adults' pain coping strategiesMary Ersek
Pain and Palliative Care Research Department, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Pain 7:833-42. 2006..Internal consistency for most CPCI-65 and CPCI-42 subscales was adequate. This study clarifies strategies used by older adults to cope with persistent pain and provides preliminary validation of the CPCI in this population...
- Results of a randomized controlled trial to examine the efficacy of a chronic pain self-management group for older adults [ISRCTN11899548]Mary Ersek
Pain and Palliative Care Research Department, Swedish Medical Center, Cherry Hill Campus, 500 17th Avenue, Professional Building, Suite 405, Seattle, WA 98122 5711, USA
Pain 138:29-40. 2008..Study findings indicate that additional research is needed to determine the most effective content and delivery methods for self-management therapies targeted at older adults with chronic pain...
- Nursing Assistant EOL Care Computerized EducationMary Ersek; Fiscal Year: 2005..A collaboration between Swedish Medical Center and HPNA also will ensure the continuing updating and usefulness of the computer program following the end of the grant funding period. ..
- END OF LIFE CARE IN NURSING HOMES--PERT PROGRAMMary Ersek; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, there are documented plans and commitments to ensure the ongoing implementation of the PERT Program in additional facilities not included in the original project. ..